Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Moto GP 2018

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:57 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Moto GP 2018

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but the withdrawal symptoms of no riding and no Moto GP are biting hard!

Not sure if this double whammy is a good or bad thing, watching a race makes me want to go out and ride, so that combined with bad weather just might drive me

Anyway, as winter draws on and spring gets nearer, I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up on the January test dates in Sepang:-

January 28-30th

Link here for those interested :-

MotoGP?

2018 Calendar is here :-

MotoGP?

Still a long wait for the race season to actually start, but I'm hoping they'll televise some of the testing, otherwise I'm gonna ........

Old 01-21-2018, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016
Don't know about the rest of you guys, but the withdrawal symptoms of no riding and no Moto GP are biting hard!

Not sure if this double whammy is a good or bad thing, watching a race makes me want to go out and ride, so that combined with bad weather just might drive me

Anyway, as winter draws on and spring gets nearer, I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up on the January test dates in Sepang:-

January 28-30th

Link here for those interested :-

MotoGP?

2018 Calendar is here :-

MotoGP?

Still a long wait for the race season to actually start, but I'm hoping they'll televise some of the testing, otherwise I'm gonna ........

Hi Steve, know what you mean, I like the BSB most of all , you never know who's gonna win, a lot more of the International Rider's keep coming back to it

Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

I am looking forward to the season. Hopefully the GP will be shown on a different channel this year. Last year with my provider it was on a premium channel. Couldn't justify the expense since the GP was only thing on the channel that interested me.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I went to last years MotoGP at silverstone. The whole weekend was magic, the weather, the racing, the company. I even got very close to the podium at the end. Absolutely brilliant, it gave me huge buzz for weeks.
The weather here today in South Wales awful. Rain rain rain. Bring on spring !!

Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Hi Steve, know what you mean, I like the BSB most of all , you never know who's gonna win, a lot more of the International Rider's keep coming back to it
Yeah, I'm a big BSB fan as well Bill, amazing standard of racing and such a great bunch of down to earth lads as well.

Originally Posted by hamlin6
I am looking forward to the season. Hopefully the GP will be shown on a different channel this year. Last year with my provider it was on a premium channel. Couldn't justify the expense since the GP was only thing on the channel that interested me.
Was actually a great season last year, best for a long time and this season is shaping up to be a good one as well.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Did a little reading yesterday. Folger is out for the season due to the same health issues that caused him to miss the last 4 races. Who will replace him is uncertain.

And ducati is having buyers remorse or Lorenzo. He's just didn't produce results worth the insane amount of money the gave him. Both his and dovi's contracts are up at the end of the season. I don't think dovi will be going anywhere....

Old 01-21-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by wes 17
I went to last years MotoGP at silverstone. The whole weekend was magic, the weather, the racing, the company. I even got very close to the podium at the end. Absolutely brilliant, it gave me huge buzz for weeks.
The weather here today in South Wales awful. Rain rain rain. Bring on spring !!
Sounds like a fantastic weekend Wes, If I won the lottery, I think I'd follow the Moto GP around the world for a year. A great way to travel and see the world and a live race every couple of weeks

Originally Posted by 74demon
Did a little reading yesterday. Folger is out for the season due to the same health issues that caused him to miss the last 4 races. Who will replace him is uncertain.

And ducati is having buyers remorse or Lorenzo. He's just didn't produce results worth the insane amount of money the gave him. Both his and dovi's contracts are up at the end of the season. I don't think dovi will be going anywhere....
Dovi's season was a revelation last year, Ducatti must love him.

Such a shame Folger can't shake this bug, he could be a real contender. Still it gives someone else a chance of a ride.

Still, it was a great season last year, with it being wide open and anyones championship for much of the year. Hope this one is as good.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:41 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Lorenzo and Marquez team mates next season???

Next thing we'll see is cats and dogs living together. The apocalypse is coming sooner than we thought.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:09 PM

Can't wait to see what happens next season! I might even watch some of the races too

Actually, this season seems to be picking up a little, a double win for Lorenzo is really good.

I can't believe Ducatti have taken so long to change the size/shape of the fuel tank and seat!

Surely this is really basic stuff??