CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/)
-   -   Moto GP 2018 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/moto-gp-2018-a-157016/)

Hawkwind2016 01-21-2018 04:57 AM

Moto GP 2018

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but the withdrawal symptoms of no riding and no Moto GP are biting hard!

Not sure if this double whammy is a good or bad thing, watching a race makes me want to go out and ride, so that combined with bad weather just might drive me :icon_screwy:

Anyway, as winter draws on and spring gets nearer, I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up on the January test dates in Sepang:-

January 28-30th

Link here for those interested :-

MotoGP?

2018 Calendar is here :-

MotoGP?

Still a long wait for the race season to actually start, but I'm hoping they'll televise some of the testing, otherwise I'm gonna :icon_rant:........:icon_screwy:

CaBaRet 01-21-2018 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016 (Post 1311009)
Don't know about the rest of you guys, but the withdrawal symptoms of no riding and no Moto GP are biting hard!

Not sure if this double whammy is a good or bad thing, watching a race makes me want to go out and ride, so that combined with bad weather just might drive me :icon_screwy:

Anyway, as winter draws on and spring gets nearer, I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up on the January test dates in Sepang:-

January 28-30th

Link here for those interested :-

MotoGP?

2018 Calendar is here :-

MotoGP?

Still a long wait for the race season to actually start, but I'm hoping they'll televise some of the testing, otherwise I'm gonna :icon_rant:........:icon_screwy:

Hi Steve, know what you mean, I like the BSB most of all , you never know who's gonna win, a lot more of the International Rider's keep coming back to it:)

hamlin6 01-21-2018 08:58 AM

I am looking forward to the season. Hopefully the GP will be shown on a different channel this year. Last year with my provider it was on a premium channel. Couldn't justify the expense since the GP was only thing on the channel that interested me.

wes 17 01-21-2018 09:44 AM

I went to last years MotoGP at silverstone. The whole weekend was magic, the weather, the racing, the company. I even got very close to the podium at the end. Absolutely brilliant, it gave me huge buzz for weeks.
The weather here today in South Wales awful. Rain rain rain. Bring on spring !!

Hawkwind2016 01-21-2018 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1311012)
Hi Steve, know what you mean, I like the BSB most of all , you never know who's gonna win, a lot more of the International Rider's keep coming back to it:)

Yeah, I'm a big BSB fan as well Bill, amazing standard of racing and such a great bunch of down to earth lads as well.

Originally Posted by hamlin6 (Post 1311018)
I am looking forward to the season. Hopefully the GP will be shown on a different channel this year. Last year with my provider it was on a premium channel. Couldn't justify the expense since the GP was only thing on the channel that interested me.

Was actually a great season last year, best for a long time and this season is shaping up to be a good one as well.

74demon 01-21-2018 10:31 AM

Did a little reading yesterday. Folger is out for the season due to the same health issues that caused him to miss the last 4 races. Who will replace him is uncertain.

And ducati is having buyers remorse or Lorenzo. He's just didn't produce results worth the insane amount of money the gave him. Both his and dovi's contracts are up at the end of the season. I don't think dovi will be going anywhere....

Hawkwind2016 01-21-2018 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by wes 17 (Post 1311019)
I went to last years MotoGP at silverstone. The whole weekend was magic, the weather, the racing, the company. I even got very close to the podium at the end. Absolutely brilliant, it gave me huge buzz for weeks.
The weather here today in South Wales awful. Rain rain rain. Bring on spring !!

Sounds like a fantastic weekend Wes, If I won the lottery, I think I'd follow the Moto GP around the world for a year. A great way to travel and see the world and a live race every couple of weeks :icon_denk: :icon_banana:

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1311022)
Did a little reading yesterday. Folger is out for the season due to the same health issues that caused him to miss the last 4 races. Who will replace him is uncertain.

And ducati is having buyers remorse or Lorenzo. He's just didn't produce results worth the insane amount of money the gave him. Both his and dovi's contracts are up at the end of the season. I don't think dovi will be going anywhere....

Dovi's season was a revelation last year, Ducatti must love him.

Such a shame Folger can't shake this bug, he could be a real contender. Still it gives someone else a chance of a ride.

Still, it was a great season last year, with it being wide open and anyones championship for much of the year. Hope this one is as good.

74demon 06-23-2018 11:41 PM

Lorenzo and Marquez team mates next season???

Next thing we'll see is cats and dogs living together. The apocalypse is coming sooner than we thought.

Hawkwind2016 06-24-2018 04:09 PM

:D:D:D

Can't wait to see what happens next season! I might even watch some of the races too :D

Actually, this season seems to be picking up a little, a double win for Lorenzo is really good.

I can't believe Ducatti have taken so long to change the size/shape of the fuel tank and seat!

Surely this is really basic stuff??