Road Racing Tell your stories here.

2016 FIM MotoGP Racing Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Okay, kill the company might be a little strong - but the reputation among motorcycle tires goes further than with cars. Look at Shinko's reputation.

I don't see the comparison, but I know people that do. That's why these companies do this stuff - marketing. I mean, I don't think the riders need those Michelin hats on the podium...

As for the winglets...
http://www.morebikes.co.uk/motogp-wi...kend-in-texas/

Last edited by Conrice; 04-08-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

michelin will get their act together sooner rather than later. maybe someone can confirm, but im sure bridgestones debut as spec tire manufacturer wasnt all rainbows and butterfly's.
Anyway, Im definitely glad to see that ducati's going to be competitive this season, but i cant imagine why Dovi and Iannone are riding so aggressively against each other so early in the race...or on the last lap, last corner when they are both going to podium.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
but i cant imagine why Dovi and Iannone are riding so aggressively against each other so early in the race...or on the last lap, last corner when they are both going to podium.
Maybe not Dovi, but I totally understand Iannone doing it. He's always done it, and if the rumor mill has any validity, they're vying for one team spot next year (if JLo does in fact go).

It was a boneheaded mistake and would appear to have really hurt Iannone's potential value to the team, but Pedrosa did the same thing to Nicky and there was a championship on the line.... It worked out okay for him...

That Duc is looking like one hot ticket as far as a ride goes next year. Plus, if JLo goes - it seems like its already set in stone that Maverick will go to Yamaha, I sure wouldn't want to be competing for a KTM, Suzuki, or Aprilia factory seat against everyone else next year...

Old 04-11-2016, 03:41 PM

The Press Conference before COTA had everyone trying to ask Jlo if he was going to be leaving and as he kept saying "I prefer not to answer at this time"... I just really don't understand his motivations in putting this off. Maybe he is hoping to pressure Yamaha to give him special treatment over VR? Either way, he just needs to announce and stop with the mind games.

Sad to say VR drop out. The initial lap was pretty rough and tumble it looked like he was side swiped a little bit, but he said he burnt the clutch at the beginning. Those points could be haunting by the end of the year. If MM can stay consistent it might be his year once more.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:55 AM

We'll see once they get to Europe. I thought JLo did pretty good.

I know Dani took out Dovi, but I was happy to see Iannone on the podium. Those Ducs are really getting good. It was great to see Dani's sportsmanship towards Dovi after their crash, but I almost think the media is making too much of it (the contrast between Pedrosa and Iannone when they took out Dovi).

I was surprised Maverick took so long to get into a rythym, if he had stayed up there in the first couple of laps, Suzuki could have been on the podium.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Agreed that Jlo did pretty good, I was amazed he was able to pick up those spots so quickly after going wide but I think it gave him more than normal speed going into those later corners. I'd have to re-watch to check.

Yeah the Dani/Dovi thing cannot be compared, they're not teammates and honestly weren't battling yet. I'd feel awful and would apologize profusely as well (made especially so because Dovi was taken out in the previous race which gave Dani the podium finish)... Lots of reasons for that to occur, but Dani did show a lot of integrity by doing that - not sure if Lorenzo would have.

I keep yelling at those Suzuki's. They just need that little bit more. I was glad to see both of them competitive. It goes to show that a podium is possible - though a race win might not be in reach still.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 PM

So what's everyone think now that its official, JLo to Ducati?

Which Andrea is his teammate next year? Where does the other one go? Does Redding factor into the equation at all?

Mav apparently has a deal done with Yamaha, so who goes to Suzuki? And how do you think Vinales and Rossi will work together?

Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I think he'll go to Ducati to die, like all riders...

and Marques will win 10 straight championships for TEAM HONDA!

Old 05-16-2016, 04:49 PM

Vinny to Yamaha

Pedro staying @ Honda

AI29 to Suzuki? I think that ride will suit him.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Ah, Ducati....The great killer of careers. I'm sure JLo will run well there, as they've been given some advantages to keep them competitive and he's a great rider. He will take all the credit for their success even though Nicky, Rossi, and the others are truly responsible for their development. But I still hate him and hope he fails miserably!

Best of luck to Mav. It's about time Vale finally got a teammate. Eventually he will need to hang up his boots and I hope Mav can take over as lead rider, but I doubt it. I feel there will be a surprise in the next few years to lead Yamaha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 FIM MotoGP Racing Thread