CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   My F4i won't pop a wheelie (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/my-f4i-wont-pop-wheelie-115434/)

hurricaneF-1 08-23-2010 07:24 AM

hmmm that burnout tip was interesting never thought of that.and i know what you mean about wishing there was someone to show you and help you in person, that would be nice!

jpanside@gmail.com 09-08-2010 04:16 PM

guys do not power wheelie. clutch is the way to go!

user 84830 09-24-2010 09:12 PM

I cant give you a whole lot of more info than anybody else has given you, I was timid about it and could never get it, finally, I said "F it" and scared the bajeezies out of myself doing a monster wheelie coming up to someone in thick traffic (dumb idea I know) but then it was addicting. whenever I didn't go whole hearted into it, it just didn't happen. So... my advice is don't be timid, drop that clutch, slam that throttle, and your eyes will get huge, then you'll rack yourself on the tank as you come down. heads up.

hurricaneF-1 09-26-2010 03:16 PM

why would you want to clutch wheelie over power wheelie the odds of flipping it are greater, harder on the clutch, and you blow fork seals easier because if you don't ride it out it you end up slamming the front end. not saying im an expert but that just makes sense to me?

axnst1 10-05-2010 07:50 AM

I can't even come close to doing power wheelies.... My bike doesn't seem to nearly have nearly enough balls to do that...I am like 230lbs though so maybe that's why... Even with instant full throttle I get absolutely no air...

newell 10-05-2010 08:43 AM

Damn, my 01 will pull the front tire when i grab second hard enough for a good amount of space, i never really cared for the tricks, just trying to stay ON!

Veibz 10-05-2010 12:15 PM

I dunno...I'm 225lbs and my f4i comes up VERY easy without using the clutch. I just bring it up to about 6500-7000K (29ish mph) close the throttle for a millasecond then open it up all the way... Next thing I know I am well on my way with the front end in the air :)

cbr 600 guy 10-14-2010 11:33 PM

early bird gets the worm but 2nd mouse gets the cheese...

that is pretty funny haha

i just started riding 2 months ago. i have an f3 with stock gearing and so far i have tried power ups in first gear and clutch ups in 1st and 2nd with 2nd gear being my favorite. everyone is right you have to commit to it and practice and it willcome up. once its there get the balance spot and when it comes down give it throttle to avoid slamming it.

i also agree with the dirtbike comment someone made. i been wheelie ing my dirtbike for 5 yrs. much much easier. and dirt is softer than pavement !!!

axnst1 10-15-2010 07:33 AM

OK, I am getting very frustrated. The closest I have been able to get to doing a wheelie is getting my front tire maybe a foot off the ground.

The way I am able to do that is while I am in 2nd gear, I pull in the clutch, completely let off the throttle, then rev up to at least 12K, then instantly let the clutch out all the way. The most I get is a foot and even that only happens maybe one out of every five tries. I just really don't think that my bike has the power to do it.

Also, I red everything I could find on how to do power wheelies and I tried every suggestion and I can't even get my bike to come up an inch. My bike doesn't even have 5K miles on it yet, so I don't think it's worn out or anything...

Could my front suspension being too low be causing issues?

axnst1 10-15-2010 07:51 AM

OK, after watching the video Vermino posted I realized that I may be doing something completely wrong. What I have been trying to do is pulling in the clutch, revving it up to about 12K and dropping the clutch only after I have completely reached 12K. In the video they say that that is not the way to do it. Apparently, you should drop the clutch and rev the RPM's up almost at the same time with the clutch lagging the RPM's just a smidge.. I will try this and see where that gets me.... Keep you posted!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115327