Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Just finished my MSF class :)

  #1  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35
Default Just finished my MSF class :)

I finished the class this weekend, and had a lot of fun. Apart from being completely soaked all weeked, I learned a lot. I had ridden before, but never thought i would be able to do a u-turn both ways in a single lane without putting my foot down. The beginning of the class was pretty slow since they were teaching about clutch control, and having everyone powerwalk the bikes, for the first couple hours. Most of the riders are completely new. The teachers were fun, and made the classes enjoyable, both inside the clasroom, and out on the range.

just my thoughts on the class,
Lucas
 
  #2  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Sebastionbear's Avatar
Super Moderator / Welcome Crew Test Pilot, VIN & ROTM Sept 2012, Kiwi Translation Specialist.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, Sth Aussie.
Posts: 4,550
Default

Well done Lucas - glad you had a good time on the course, even if it was raining.

Cheers, SB
 
  #3  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
gotcbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,494
Default

Congrats! Excellent, glad to hear you had good instructors & enjoyed the class. The techniques will pay dividends as you grow as a rider. Build & grow on those techniques to b/c the most proficient & safe rider you can be.
 
  #4  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
kilgoretrout's Avatar
Administrator - Retired
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 8,189
Default

Congratulations, Lucas. Always nice to get a class over with, especially if you have some fun.
 
  #5  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Munson's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 663
Default

Excellent. I think doing the class in the rain might be a good thing. A lot of people avoid riding in the rain, so then when they get caught in it, they panic. Now that you've done it, you realize it's no big deal.

And as far as the class being slow, I've always said that even if you already knew 95% of what they covered, the other 5% could save your life some day.
 
  #6  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35
Default

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to being able to drive at night. Being restricted to the day time, especially with the days short, is still forcing me to take the bus over an hour to and from work everyday. Hopefully they send my paperwork soon.

On another note, they gave me a little card that is to show the insurance company for my discount, but they also said it gives a 15% discount to a store that I can't remember the name of. It might have been "cyclegear.com" but I'm not sure. Anyone do the class recently who knows which store the discount is for?

Thanks,
Lucas
 
  #7  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,292
Default

Originally Posted by Mr_Dunev View Post
Anyone do the class recently who knows which store the discount is for?
Cyclegear was the discount they gave out to us when I took the class two years ago.
 
  #8  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
Cyclegear was the discount they gave out to us when I took the class two years ago.
Ok thanks!
 
  #9  
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35
Default

Just received my completion letter today! Which means I can go into the DMV on Monday and FINALLY get my license. Going to Bert's Mega Mall tomorrow to reward my self, I am looking for a new jacket and helm.
 
  #10  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
vfrman's Avatar
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 671
Default

Congrats! Don't forget gloves...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just finished my MSF class :)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.