CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   Just finished my MSF class :) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/just-finished-my-msf-class-143472/)

Mr_Dunev 12-03-2012 10:59 AM

Just finished my MSF class :)

I finished the class this weekend, and had a lot of fun. Apart from being completely soaked all weeked, I learned a lot. I had ridden before, but never thought i would be able to do a u-turn both ways in a single lane without putting my foot down. The beginning of the class was pretty slow since they were teaching about clutch control, and having everyone powerwalk the bikes, for the first couple hours. Most of the riders are completely new. The teachers were fun, and made the classes enjoyable, both inside the clasroom, and out on the range.

just my thoughts on the class,
Lucas

Sebastionbear1 12-03-2012 11:04 AM

Well done Lucas - glad you had a good time on the course, even if it was raining.

Cheers, SB

gotcbr 12-03-2012 12:11 PM

Congrats! Excellent, glad to hear you had good instructors & enjoyed the class. The techniques will pay dividends as you grow as a rider. Build & grow on those techniques to b/c the most proficient & safe rider you can be.

kilgoretrout 12-03-2012 12:41 PM

Congratulations, Lucas. Always nice to get a class over with, especially if you have some fun.

Munson 12-03-2012 01:39 PM

Excellent. I think doing the class in the rain might be a good thing. A lot of people avoid riding in the rain, so then when they get caught in it, they panic. Now that you've done it, you realize it's no big deal.

And as far as the class being slow, I've always said that even if you already knew 95% of what they covered, the other 5% could save your life some day.

Mr_Dunev 12-03-2012 09:01 PM

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to being able to drive at night. Being restricted to the day time, especially with the days short, is still forcing me to take the bus over an hour to and from work everyday. Hopefully they send my paperwork soon.

On another note, they gave me a little card that is to show the insurance company for my discount, but they also said it gives a 15% discount to a store that I can't remember the name of. It might have been "cyclegear.com" but I'm not sure. Anyone do the class recently who knows which store the discount is for?

Thanks,
Lucas

RoadiJeff 12-03-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Dunev (Post 1205114)
Anyone do the class recently who knows which store the discount is for?

Cyclegear was the discount they gave out to us when I took the class two years ago.

Mr_Dunev 12-04-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 1205118)
Cyclegear was the discount they gave out to us when I took the class two years ago.

Ok thanks!

Mr_Dunev 12-08-2012 08:09 PM

Just received my completion letter today! Which means I can go into the DMV on Monday and FINALLY get my license. Going to Bert's Mega Mall tomorrow to reward my self, I am looking for a new jacket and helm.

vfrman 12-10-2012 02:49 PM

Congrats! Don't forget gloves...