Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

What do you do with your helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would cry if my helmet got stolen. its an Arai. I paid too much money for some jackwagon to come along and snag my helmet. I don't care where I am. I've went to the bar strip and carried it the whole time. plus, who wants to screw with some one holding on to a helmet? lol. now, unless I go somewhere say like to eat and a friend or more goes with in their vehicle, they usually just let me put it in their car until we are ready to leave.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 PM

Locks just keep honest people honest.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 PM

I used to take it in with me or use the helmet lock under the seat but now I have a firstgear backpack which has a helmet net.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HydroPrelude85
I used to take it in with me or use the helmet lock under the seat but now I have a firstgear backpack which has a helmet net.
Agreed. I do like using a backpack, offers more protection for the helmet and is easier to carry around.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:22 PM

One time many years ago I locked it on the bike only to return to find only the d rings there, so I ALWAYS take it with me. I had a hard lesson, but never forgot it.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 PM

Wow I never thought about someone jacking my stuff before that would really bite.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 AM

When I first picked up my bike, I would lock the helmet to the seat lock. That became annoying when I switched helmets and the straps didn't allow for proper fit to the lock. I tried carrying with me, then that became a pest.

This thread reminds me that we can no longer 'trust' people. I leave my helmet hanging on the mirror if I am near, or just running in to a store. And, I know one day it won't be there. I just keep thinking people still have a small amount of respect for our stuff and how we travel on our bikes.

Heck, there used to be a day when we could leave keys in cars, and our doors unlocked.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by RayBos
When I first picked up my bike, I would lock the helmet to the seat lock. That became annoying when I switched helmets and the straps didn't allow for proper fit to the lock. I tried carrying with me, then that became a pest.

This thread reminds me that we can no longer 'trust' people. I leave my helmet hanging on the mirror if I am near, or just running in to a store. And, I know one day it won't be there. I just keep thinking people still have a small amount of respect for our stuff and how we travel on our bikes.

Heck, there used to be a day when we could leave keys in cars, and our doors unlocked.
God darn! Those days are gone like records made of wax!

When I was young I always bought "theft proof cars". They were the kind of car that always had a puddle under it. You'd have to be REAL hard up to steal my car! Lol! I could always leave the keys in it 'cuz if you stole it and it died, and it would, only I knew what was wrong with it and knew the combination!

Old 11-18-2011, 07:38 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

i take the helmet with me everywhere, even if i go to the store. put it in the cart and go around the store. it is very rare that i leave my helmet locked on the lock, and even more rare that its just hanging on the mirror. just cant afford a new one. and i like my helmet.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 AM

I always take it with me. If you lock it on the bike there are idiots that will cut the strap and take it,I figure just for the h*ll of doing so. Always with me, I'm superstitious about putting it on the ground or floor. Lock the D rings and carry by the strap or tucked under my arm. Bars and restaurants it sits in a chair or if there is room on the table..I never leave it. Although it is not required in Colorado, and I generally have shades it is a part of my ride .

Quick Reply: What do you do with your helmet?