Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

What to do with damaged gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as others have said your jacket and gloves are still useable, as long as theres no holes and all the stitching is still in tact then you're good to go, if not find someone that can repair them.
ive seen people riding on track with very, Very rashed leathers.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
Thanks for the replys everyone, I didn't realize I could re-use lightly damaged gear, I've been treating everything like my helmet with the one and done. Luckily my helmet is fine. It wasn't a severe enough crash to get that. I'm pretty sure the only reason why my knees even got it is because I tried standing up before I was done sliding I'm pretty sure. I was more worried about the bike watching that slide away from me. Just goes to show how "comfortable" I guess is the word I'll use, good gear can keep you during a mild accident.
I've had many jackets, pants and leathers repaired over the years! Nothing wrong with re-using scuffed and damaged gear. Shoe repair places are amazing for begin able to repair moto gear at less cost than most other places. I don't even bother with skuffs on my gear, only when there are actual holes or tears.

Good luck and I'm glad to see people that are concerned with proper safety and always wearing proper protective gear!

Old 01-18-2022, 06:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think low cost is always a low quality. you need to get good quality to save from damaging.