Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Want to Know About: Set Up boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want to Know About: Set Up boots

You can tell by thier looks that they are made by Sidi. Very similiar to the Strada Evo Air Sidi's I bought.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1578/1BBBF112C12A4E4AA401F47897ACC2A3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my Visions tonight. I got em' on now. I can tell where they're going to break in. They make me look like I have walking problems with my feet, (nothing against the boot). I can tell you that I don't really care for the way they do the cover over the zipper part, but they're going to be great on my feet.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:37 PM

IrideHonda,

Your avatar is sooooo funny, you have my sides hurting i'm laughing soooo hard..

Old 06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After Action Report

I had to wear 2 pair of socks due to the way they fit on my ankle. The boots appear to run a little big. I had to get a size 47, most of my shoes I buy US 12, so according to the chart, its the correct size.
Does anyone know of a way to sinch these tighter around my ankles? They feel like they'd come off.

Shifting is different. I had more missed shifts with the boot. Clicking into first from neutral seemed more difficult. My bike usually goes right into gear. Its possible that a lever adjustment will correct this, but I won't be able to wear my other boots afterwards. Can the lever height be adjusted on stock setup?

....AND THE BIGGEST THING THAT PISSES ME OFF------------

I stepped in some gum (somewhere), so there's gum stuck to the bottom of my brand new boots. Now IF I would return them for a smaller size, that's out of the question now. That's amazing, considering I don't have gum on any of my other footwear.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Default RE: After Action Report

Before everyone starts laughing, I purchased a pair of Nitro boots. I was a little skeptical at first thinking that how could a boot for under $100 US dollars be worth anything. I didn't want to spend hundreds on a boot as I didn't have the money for them and wasn't sure about really getting into the niche of wearing them.

They are pretty comfortable. The pros are that they only took about 15-20 rides to break in at certain parts of the boot. They broke in nicely around the ankle and top of the foot areas. They are more designed for leathers which is fine because I mostly wear my two piece ventilated teknic violators. So having said that, they have this stormtrooper style shin protector. I mention this because I was worried about how they would work when wearing a pair of carpenter jeans, which is what I mostly wear anyway. To my avail, they went down over the boot and fit very nicely.

I have had these since the end of april and I really like them. They have worked. But now that you guys have talked about the Setup, they don't seem to expensive like the A-stars in the $200 range.

Have fun.... Feel the fear and do it anyway...

Old 06-27-2006, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Before everyone starts laughing, I purchased a pair of Nitro boots. I was a little skeptical at first thinking that how could a boot for under $100 US dollars be worth anything. I didn't want to spend hundreds on a boot as I didn't have the money for them and wasn't sure about really getting into the niche of wearing them.

They are pretty comfortable. The pros are that they only took about 15-20 rides to break in at certain parts of the boot. They broke in nicely around the ankle and top of the foot areas. They are more designed for leathers which is fine because I mostly wear my two piece ventilated teknic violators. So having said that, they have this stormtrooper style shin protector. I mention this because I was worried about how they would work when wearing a pair of carpenter jeans, which is what I mostly wear anyway. To my avail, they went down over the boot and fit very nicely.

I have had these since the end of april and I really like them. They have worked. But now that you guys have talked about the Setup, they don't seem to expensive like the A-stars in the $200 range.

Have fun.... Feel the fear and do it anyway...
do you have a lnik for the nitros?

Old 06-27-2006, 08:32 PM

Hi,

I got mine off ebay. They are called Nitro Sport Tech Motorcycle boots. If you do a search on that title it will bring up many hits.