Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Squid for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011 | 06:09 PM

i dont know what you guys are talking about, i ride nude all the time it feels great....tee hee.....i dont have leathers or a riding jacket yet but im planning on getting one

Old 03-25-2011 | 06:46 PM

i always ride with my gear, i pulled out of my parking spot at work, and turned the corner in the parking lot (prolly not even 10mph) and next thing i know, im on my *** and my bike is sliding away from me sparking.....i bonked my head so hard that even with my helmet on i got a nice headache, my hands were on fire, and my left knee hurt....other than that i was spotless, my elbow pads on my coat took a lot of the grunt and had i not had my helmet i would have been gettin staples in the mastodon gash id no doubt have in my skull....my streetfighter katana....minor scratch on the frame..cost me $4 for a bottle of spray paint, if your not plannin on wearing gear..plan on a trip to the hostpital even at 10mph in an empty parking lot.

Old 03-25-2011 | 07:38 PM

Seems like some missing info in that post... LOL

Old 03-25-2011 | 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by nowensby
Seems like some missing info in that post... LOL
what post?

Old 04-19-2011 | 07:25 PM

It doesn't matter if it's motocross or street, for me new gear always takes getting used to (except a helmet, since I've used one since day 1). For example, some of you might know what a Leatt brace is (mx). I bought one and it took a while to get used to wearing. Same with my asterisk knee braces, which made me feel like my knees were so far away from the bike it was almost too much. I'm good with all those now.

For the street, I still need to get used to my jacket (as dumb as that sounds). The hot weather kills me, and I used to usually not wear mine on my supermoto (I know, I was a bad squid). It'll be a habit on the cbr though. Gloves are normal, and boots would come naturally (again, from dirt). Leather pants/suit....ehhhhhhhhhhhh that could be a bit strange hahah

Old 04-20-2011 | 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bad600RR
what post?
Yours... Were you hit or just lost the rear or what??

Old 04-20-2011 | 09:32 AM

I'll be honest. If I am on local roads and its 30 or slower I wear a helmet with gloves that's it. I only ride for a 2 maybe 3 miles the most. I have crashed and know the results from wearing shorts and a shirt. It sucked but I run at 20 miles per hour with no helmet on.

But anything faster yes I wear a full power ranger suit. Its dangerous there at high speeds. I don't know how Harley guys do it with nothing on. I would feel naked. Everyone is different on this one. I would suggest if your still learning don't even chance it. Anything could happen bad.

Old 04-20-2011 | 09:36 AM

Where do you go that you don't get over 20mph??

Old 04-20-2011 | 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by nowensby
Where do you go that you don't get over 20mph??

Sometimes school zones, parking lots, apartment area's, etc for people riding under 20mph.

For me I just run that fast . So when your running you don't wear a helmet that would look stupid lol.

Old 04-20-2011 | 10:08 AM

You RUN 20mph??? HAHAHAHA!

I'm sure you realize that you don't run 20mph... maybe 15mph, if your very fast and running for short periods of time.

How Fast Can Humans Run? - Elite Feet

Last edited by nowensby; 04-20-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Squid for the first time