Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Squid for the first time

Old 09-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squid for the first time

For the first time I took the bike up and down the street while wearing nothing. Heres the story..

I only have my temps so I am not allowed to have my GF on the back and all that ****. Well, she asked me for a ride so I just went down to this parking lot and let her get on the back. The parking lot is right behind her house where my bike was parked so I didnt put any gear on. We rode around in circles in the parking lot for like 10 minutes and then I told her to get off. I was just gonna go park back in her driveway but instead I pulled out and road around the town for about 10 minutes with no gear on. The fastest I got going was about 40 and it just didnt feel right. I had sun glasses on but my eyes were watering and it felt like my bike was going slower. I also really didnt like the sound of my bike. Its a 93' and I know it doesnt sound great but when I have my helmet on it sounds so sexy haha.

Well, this has been going on for a while and all im gonna say is im not riding without gear ever again.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ljastangs21
For the first time I took the bike up and down the street while wearing nothing.
Well, this has been going on for a while and all im gonna say is im not riding without gear ever again.
Riding up and down the street while wearing nothing and riding without gear are two entirely different things. I'm glad to hear that you meant the second one.

I've ridden short distances without my jacket or gloves (have to wear a helmet in my state). It was an unusual feeling.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Furthest I've ridden without gear is from my parking spot to the employee entrance at the office. And that's only cause I store my gear in the office

Old 09-13-2010, 09:27 PM

I decided not to wear gloves today... it was kinda nice (its still pretty warm in alabama) but i feel so unprotected if i dont have my jacket on

Helm is law here as well

Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM

I took the F3 up and down my street for a little bit the other day, before it was zero degrees. I put on my jacket, but didn't feel like putting my helmet on because it'd only be for a second.

My eyes felt like they were on fire, and a pebble flew up (mind you, at 25mph) and hit me right under my eye socket. I had a small bruise for a couple days.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't do it... Hell, I feel weird without helmet & jacket when moving the bike to the driveway from the backyard, LOL

Old 01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

I ride with nothing on 90% of the time except a helmet because of the state I live in. I do have to say when I get pulled over its normally a lady officer and they don't say much because when they ask for.my paper work I just say "im sorry I don't have any pockets so I don't have it on me im sorry " they simply smile and say well thank you have a nice day.

Lol j/k gear saves lives I wear it no matter what.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 AM

I've rode with just a t shirt and jeans before. I just dont like the flapping of my shirt in the breeze and I already feel vulnerable. Some people have different vulernable tolerances. Some feel safe with just a helmet or w/o gloves, etc. But for those that care about their body and future, we feel safe with our gear on

Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

I always wear full gear ... full leathers, boots, gloves, helmet! NO exceptions!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Even when it's 120 degrees out I feel naked without my jacket and helmet and gloves. Done it a few times and it was strange feeling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Squid for the first time