Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Problem with ARAI helmet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with ARAI helmet

I was wondering if anyone had a problem with their lower trim strip coming off of their Arai helmet. Mine has come off on both of my helmets and I just wanted to see if anyone else has had that problem and how they fixed it. I know Arai has had a warranty recall for this, but the warranty only applies to helmets bought brand new and I got mine through Ebay. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 10-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Default RE: Problem with ARAI helmet

Call up Arai and tell them you bought it brand new, but no longer have the receipt. It's shifty yes, but worth a try.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM

i found this link to register your claim and no where does it say must have been purchased new it even has the option to ststa eyou never sent in your warranty card give it a try and see what happens
http://www.araiamericas.com/qcs_query_tech.html

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are really good about doing it...no need for all that stuff, just send in your helmet.

mines came off, i just glued it back on...no problems now...but you MISSED THE CUT OFF FOR FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS MANG!!!!

so being the el cheapo i am...i didn't do it...then again, they probably wouldn't fix mine cause it smells so bad...hahahahah

Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM

I sent my helmet in for the trim strip.I also asked them to replace one of the vents on the top front that fell off and was lost.They had it back in about a week and fixed those things plus a couple other little things i didn't even ask about!They didn't charge me for anything. Good service.I bought my helmet off eBay also,used.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 PM

Glad to hear that they took yours even though you got it off of EBAY. That was kinda the main thing I was worried about. I'll just send it in and see how it goes. Haha i bought the glue to try it myself but I think i'll hold off for a little and see if ARAI will give me a chance. Thanks for all the input!