Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Piloti?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piloti?

Hello everybody!

The other day I was looking online for some driving shoes. I know Piloti makes really good shoes for racing (which I want to get into, specifically rally someday).

I was on the site and saw they made a "moto" shoe. I clicked on it and this came up :

Here is the link to the product on their website : Moto 800

It looks like a good shoe, something that would be great since I plan to use my bike for commuting to and from school, as well as other places. It looks like it could easily be used as a comfortable street shoe, but also provide some protection and be a good choice for motorcycling.

Does anybody own a pair of these shoes? Any input would be appreciated. The $150 price tag isn't too high in my mind because I will just spend $60 on my next pair of shoes, why not just spend another $90 and get a pair that I can use for riding AND walking etc...plus I know Piloti makes very good products (quality wise) so I think these would last a long time.

Thanks!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 PM

I have not personally seen those shoes.

couple possible scenarios i have experienced.

1 drop bike/hot crankcase on side of foot, if you are laying on your side and layed your crankcase down by the pads/ankle, would it protect you at all?(tcx xsquare ridign shoes will not)
2 you accelerate spritedly on a country road at a four way stop, while making a left hand turn you hit some dirt, your rear end slides around, and you catch yourself with your foot, and keep on riding. (tcx xsquare didnt provide crap)

honestly a pair of hiking boots provides a lot more protection than a lot of riding 'boots' out there. I personally have been happy with how my icon super duty have held up and fit.

I would just ask yourself will these provide more protection than a pair of hiking boots? if so piloti make some nice stuff.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 PM

I can't really tell that much from the photos, they look like "boots" even though I said they were shoes. I think they would go over my ankle, but I don't know, I'd have to try some on first. I really do like them, and I would be happy to wear them around when going to classes and such.

Just looking for any input, so thanks for yours

Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 AM

So, I got some Piloti SHOES in the mail yesterday. I wanted to get some new shoes, and I found a pair of (discontinued) PCH Driving shoes in black/orange for $45 with rush (free) shipping. Ordered them on the 20th and they got from Texas to Maine on the 23rd which I can't complain about especially with the holidays. I got them from this guy : eBay My World - texastradingoutlet2009

Anyways, I got them in a 9.5 which I was slightly worried about because my old skateboarding shoes were 10.5, and my snowboard boots are 9, but my airsoft boots are 9s. But I also have a pair of The North Face running shoes that are 9.5 so I figured I'd go with that. The Piloti shoes fit great!

As for the quality and such, I've never owned a pair of these before, but I've heard nothing but great things. I can't come up with a bad thing to say about them either! I got a pair of Italian hand made (leather AND fireproof) shoes for $45! They fit very well, the toe has nomex in it so it's fireproof and they're very solid feeling. I do need the break them in because they are a bit hard, but that's leather for you. I'm going to be wearing these as my daily shoes from now on and I REALLY like them!

C/N : Piloti makes great shoes, they fit true to size (from what I can tell), and can be found for great prices!

I will definitely be getting some of the Piloti Moto 800s this spring for riding!