Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Pant and boot question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pant and boot question???

Can full length boots fit under pant legs? Like the Sidi vortice or any other similar brands. I want good protection so what pants with built in armor and padding will fit over the boots. Denim and or textile. Not really looking for pants that fit over other pants. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both should fit over just fine!

My levis fit over my Vertigos just fine when I squid it n wear jeans lol

Old 01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
both should fit over just fine!

My levis fit over my Vertigos just fine when I squid it n wear jeans lol
Ha! Finally caught you admitting you don't wear leathers everywhere! For a minute was starting to think you wore em when swimming too

Old 01-17-2010, 03:17 PM

I don't like road rash so how would this gear hold up? If you can make a set for me for under $1000 let me hear it.

Joe rocket rave jacket
Joe rocket super street boots
or sidi streetburner boots
Joe rocket cbr gloves
a* rodeo denim pants

Old 01-17-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ha! Finally caught you admitting you don't wear leathers everywhere! For a minute was starting to think you wore em when swimming too
lol, yes I am human too, and I have admited I wear jeans putting around town lol

Originally Posted by Ausher
I don't like road rash so how would this gear hold up? If you can make a set for me for under $1000 let me hear it.

Joe rocket rave jacket
Joe rocket super street boots
or sidi streetburner boots
Joe rocket cbr gloves
a* rodeo denim pants
Depends on what your doing n how fast your going. Riding jean will def hold up better than a pair of levis no doubt, but my is only a few seconds more. I still plan getting a pair to were when I putt around town in tho. Any mtn, spirited, road trips tho I wear my leathers. A friend of mine that lives close to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinberg wears a pair of leather chaps, which would be way better than just jeans except for the butt which in my experience is what you will be sliding on the most lol.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer leather in the jacket instead of textile

I'd add some armored undershorts to that. The a* pants you mentioned don't seem to have any hip / tailbone impact protection. I lowsided slow enough that it barely scuffed the Carhartt work pants I was wearing. But my right leg locked up for bout an hour from the hit to my hip.

Lotta people swear by the Icon Field Armor 2 Shorts. A* also makes armored shorts but I can't find any listing of tailbone armor in either one. Dainese makes Impact Shorts Plus which definitely cover the tailbone. But are a bit pricey imo.

You can also go the full armored underpants as well. Bohn Body Armor makes Bohn Bodyguard Adventure Pants which have been highly rated in reviews. They add hip, knee, shin and tailbone protection. Another highly rated is Forcefield Body Armour Pro Pants which meets Euro standards for impact protection (higher than US standards.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM

I race dirtbikes and got some dirtbike gear I could wear for street too. Like padded undershorts, knee/shin guards, elbow/forearm guards, kidney belt. Those bohn and icon shorts seem better tho. Anyone ever use motocross boots for street? I got a* mx boots, but they probably don't flex enuff to shift a street bike...

I want abraison resistant gear for long highway trips at 70-80 mph.

Thanks for this valuable information!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ausher
I race dirtbikes and got some dirtbike gear I could wear for street too. Like padded undershorts, knee/shin guards, elbow/forearm guards, kidney belt. Those bohn and icon shorts seem better tho. Anyone ever use motocross boots for street? I got a* mx boots, but they probably don't flex enuff to shift a street bike...

I want abraison resistant gear for long highway trips at 70-80 mph.

Thanks for this valuable information!
the impact protection of dirt gear is good but there no abrasion protection at all too it. Mostly nylon isnt it? Nylon+pavement=melted shyt stuck to you which= OUCH lol