Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

New Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Helmet

i am guilty of listening to headphones on occasion, but usually you have to turn your music up louder than the road noise produced which will kill your hearing even faster than nothing at all so i try to avoid doing that. the cheap orange foam earplugs work brilliantly, they keep it quiet and when you lose one or both of them its no big deal. like 3 bucks for 10 of them or something like that. and yeah the TZ-r is the ****, but since i got my first major crash out of the way and dont anticipate my next one for at least another year or so ill probably splurge and get a suomy just because.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 AM

I ride with earphones. The challenge is to find some that fit well under a helmet and block enough noise so you are not just trying to make your music louder than the noise from the wind.

My favorite ones to date are JVC Air-Cushion Headphones (HA-FX66, $29)

I liked these a lot better than my $100 Shure earphones. The JVC's are inexpensive, comfortable- even after many hours, block enough noise that I rarely turn up my music up any more than when I am off the bike, but still leave me enough sound that I am not deaf to traffic or sirens around me. I am also very happy the the amount of bass that they are able to produce with my Creative Zen MP3 player.

Even if you don't ride with headphones, I strongly reccommend these for any music lovers.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 AM

No headphones, I find them distracting and kill some of the connection with the bike as already said in a previous post. Prefer to hear the engine / exhaust undiluted.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Default iconnnn

i have an hjc and an icon
i have to say the hjc is good but the icon is super super comfortable and the paint is soo good on them. i would say icon or die!!! for street ridin

Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 AM

Yea I hear you kukku. I did not spend all that money on a nice sounding pipe just to listen to music!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM

i have a exo-400 and love it..but new bike, so new colors! Im getting an exo-700 black/red burst now. PM me if your interested in the exo-400. its the black grey tsunami..looks hot!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by kukku
No headphones, I find them distracting and kill some of the connection with the bike as already said in a previous post. Prefer to hear the engine / exhaust undiluted.

yup which you
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Anyone that got a scorpion do you have the everclear visor?? Is it much better at not fogging that most?
________
MELANHIE CAM

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM

All you guys who have a personal attachment to a particular brand of helmet due to comfort or lightweight, I can understand that. Anyone that has crashed with a particular helmet and favors that brand, I can certainly understand that. For anyone who reads advertisements and commercial b.s. and thinks certain overpriced brands are better than others or who thinks that the word SNELL is a magical forcefield of safety for your head, read this: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...iew/index.html

Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Hopefully you read the above article, I read it a couple of times and it made a lot of sense to me. I bought a Fulmer helmet like the one that ranked so highly in the test, not long after that I crashed and slammed my head sideways onto the edge of the highway. Never even blacked out. From 60 mph I was on my feet and standing as soon as I stopped sliding.

Quick Reply: New Helmet