Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Leathers and such

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leathers and such

Well when i get a bike im planning on geting the following items let me know if you guys think they are good

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-27...ace_Suit_.html for the track and those days its not hot

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-15...s_Gloves_.html for the track and the street

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-25...ed_Boots_.html mainly for the track

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-33..._Helmets_.html street of course and track

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-25..._Jackets_.html for the street when its hot

well let me know what you think and recomendations will be appreciated as well o and the reason all black gear is so i match any bike i get and dont have to be limited to one color of motorcycle plus black leathers just look cool

Old 08-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Leathers and such

The suit looks good. Gloves good. Boots ok, probably would suggest wearing them on the street also. Once you get used to wearing them..........you'll never ride with out. Same with the leathers for that matter. The helmet price seems high for an HJC. You can buy a Shoei RF-1000 for that price. And yes, it's worth every single penny!!! The jacket for "hot" days.......scrap that ****. I had a friend go down in mesh.........I'll never wear it after seeing that. It did ALOT better than nothing.........but I would not want the rash he had on his fore arm. It basically exploded through on pavement.........again, better than a T-shirt, but no where near leather. Get a perforated leather jacket if you want, but a little sweat is worth it to not have to feel that road rash on my arms.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:59 PM

All out huh ??? I got red and black leather jak from "Fast Lane" w/ upgraded armour and "Kevlar lined" Draggin jean's, and some steel toe work boots its all preferance "sparda" get what you want, just make sure yer protected[&:] good leather jak some good pants I like the textile because I don't like lookin like a "motly Crue" roadie [:@] and some good solid boots, NO tenni's and of course a good helmet nothin under $150.00( if anything a good helmet) and gloves

Old 08-26-2006, 06:09 PM

so scrap the mesh,suit is good,boots ok,gloves good and i think helmets so expensive cuase its the carbon fiber one and the reason i chose that suit is i hear the GP riders wear kangaroo leathers and they go down all the time and it seems to protect them and whats wrong with the boots?I hear alpine makes good ones so thats why i put it up what you guys recomend for those?

Old 08-26-2006, 06:23 PM

I have a different opinion on the mesh... I came upon a gixxer last year that lost it in a corner. I didn't even know he was there, just happened to catch him out of the corner of my eye as he was standing up in the woods. Turned around and came back and saw his bike in the ditch and he was just kind of standing there.

Anyways... to make a long story short, he was wearing a mesh jacket and didn't have a scratch on him. We stepped off how far he slid on the road and it was over 50 feet. His bike was not rideable, so I gave him a lift into the nearest town (I was on my Goldwing at the time). I talked to him for a while as he waited for his wife to come and get him. He took of his jacket and checked himself and said he had a few bruises and that was it. He also said it was only the 2nd time he had worn that jacket as he normally didn't wear anything other than a t-shirt. He swore he'd never wear anything less than the mesh after that.

Do I think mesh is as good as leather? No. Do I think mesh is 1,000 times better than a t-shirt? Yes.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:29 PM

interesting but i may stick with the kangaroo skin only

Old 08-26-2006, 06:37 PM

That would be the best, by all means... just some folks (myself included) get tempted to wear less when the heat and especially the humidity gets high and they're just going for a leisurely ride. Not the smartest thing in the world, but hey, I never said I was smart. Mesh is better than nothing.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:24 PM

As for the boots, personally I have Sidi. They are sooo comfy. All of the A*'s I see have the sole coming apart from the boot. I dont know why, but it happens on every pair I've seen in person. That is all. Im sure they're a fine boot, that is just my experience with them

Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 PM

Sidi?never heard of them could you point me in the direction of some?Plus about the suit is the hump on the back only for aerodinamics or does it double as a back protector and can you open it up you think?A hidration pack would be usefull.Oh and just curious what mods have you guys done to your bikes i think for an 600RR id go with full exhuast,filter,custom map,fender eliminator,the tail lights with the turning signal in them,flush turn signals speedo healer and maybe a shot of nos to kick up the power a bit.Any you guys know what the gp guys do to kick up the power on the 600 bikes make em lighter?Sure would be cool to have the power of one of those bikes on a 600.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 PM

leather !! ya it get's HOT but what's yer skin worth ?????????????????? I would rather be hot than UNPROTECTED, leather is cheap compared to skin [sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: Leathers and such