Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Joe Rocket Honda Superbike Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Joe Rocket Honda Superbike Gloves

Ordinarily I would shy away from anything with a brand logo on it... just not my thing... BUT.. these gloves seem to be pretty good.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...uperbike_Glove

Is anyone using these? What do you think of them? MSRP is $99 but Newenough has them on closeout for $57 plus I have a 10% off and a gift cert.. not a bad deal then.

The only thing that concerns me is the vented knuckle.. wondering how tht is comparable to the carbon fiber ones of other brands...
Is this in anyway comparable to something like an Alpinestar Sp2? I know its not near an SP1, but if the protection is solid I might go for it.

Also, how is it in hot weather as far as ventilation?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By looking at them, I like my SP2's better. But for the money they are prolly ok, protection is prolly on par in their price range. I got my SP2's from Cycle Gear for under a 100 tho.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, the sp-1 (2009) are $90 but sold out of mediums everywhere.
i'm still struggling thinking of sp-1/sp-2 or honda superbike.
maybe just hold off and wait for sp-1 2010 to drop and little maybe.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM

Yea they look ok. They don't seem to have a very close fit around the fingers and the construction just kind of looks meh. For riding gear, you typically you want a nice snug fit (something I realized when I went from $40 cortech gloves to $80 A* gloves this fall) to reduce the road rash and for better support. Do yourself a favor and find your nearest cycle gear store and go try on some gloves. I know it's hard to justify spending so much extra on gloves, but having been big on cheap gloves at first and then being very happy when I upgraded, I can say that you really do get what you pay for. For the money, I'm sure those gloves are ok.

These were my first gloves:
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...8311-0207-03_G

These are what I've been using since October:
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...AR_3301-0484_G

The biggest thing I've noticed is that there's a lot of wrist support. As soon as I tried them on it was really noticeable.

Anyway, I highly recommend you go try some gloves on. You may be surprised at the difference 30 bucks makes. GL

Last edited by chuckbear; 12-30-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Official Welcome Crew

thanks.. Ive pretty much ruled those out.. I'm leaning more towards the Alpinestars 3/4 gloves.. they seem to have solid protection, 3/4 gauntlet and still flow decent air.. I was also looking at the A* SPX gloves.. those are really sweet with some great features.. but the 3/4 seem to be perfect... two vendors have both said that they are sized one size small though...

Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 AM

Keep in mind that they'll stretch just a bit.. I get my gloves in a size that's nice and snug so they're just perfect when I break them in.

I think you'll be very happy with the A* gloves, whichever you choose. I am all about saving money, but I really couldn't be happier since I dropped a few extra bills on these things.

Edit: BTW, my A*'s have GREAT ventilation, which is nice except now I don't want it with this cold! lol Anyway, I can't speak for the 3/4 gauntlets but the gloves I got really are great for hot weather. I've had some 90-95 degree days since I have had them and they were not uncomfortable or stuffy.

Last edited by chuckbear; 12-30-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Official Welcome Crew

Cold? Cold in Florida? lol

You sound like my dad who is down there.. "It was cold yesterday.. got into the 60s in the morning!"

Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM

Hey it was 45 yesterday!! At 50 mph that get's friggin cold!!

That said... yes I'm a wimp and I love my warm weather.

You know all those people that complain when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity... I'm not one of them