Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Gloves

Hello all,

I've been searching for some new decent and comfortable gloves to ride in as an addition to my short cuff gloves that I purchased at a local walmart. My current gloves are textile style motocross gloves with carbon-fiber knuckle protectors and are doable for general street riding.

My new gloves are the Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 gloves purchased from newenough (http://www.newenough.com). They were had for $41.00

For the review:

These gloves are leather gauntlet style gloves that off the bat were soft and comfortable. I wear a size medium and they fit right on and were inline with the standard hand sizing. They are well made in terms of stitching and velcro straps. The gauntlet is not too long, yet long enough and adjustable (with a strap) to provide ample wind protection and comfort.

They offer soft knucker protection and a slightly padded palm to give additional comfort for those longer riding days.

I have not ridden with them yet, but will add something when I am able to ride in them, but they seem to be like a winner.

Here are some pictures:

Name:  DSCF0749.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0750.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  DSCF0751.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0755.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0753.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  49.2 KB

Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post up how these hold up after a couple of seasons. Mine didn't. I contacted Joe Rocket to see what they'll do. Chances are I'll sell all of my gear when I buy ICON!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaver
Post up how these hold up after a couple of seasons. Mine didn't. I contacted Joe Rocket to see what they'll do. Chances are I'll sell all of my gear when I buy ICON!
lol ICON isnt any better trust me.

those glove are doable, actually bought a pair and never wore em once I got em, not enough protection for my liking.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
lol ICON isnt any better trust me.

those glove are doable, actually bought a pair and never wore em once I got em, not enough protection for my liking.
Icon sucks too huh? I'm battin a hundred here.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't worn them all of the time, just recently. After I purchased them back in January, I soon purchased a pair of short cuff gloves (and yes, they were Joe Rockets).

I've been wearing the short cuff gloves all summer, but just started to wear these because of the cool mornings. I agree that they won't hold up for more than a couple of riding seasons if worn all of the time, but I like them. I even just purcahased another pair of both the short cuff and gauntlet gloves (same kind, just different color) to color coordinate with my jackets.

I like to have different gloves to wear so I won't wear them out too quickly. I can see that I will probably buy a pair (or few pairs) of gloves every couple of years.

Gear isn't supposed to last forever!

Old 09-10-2009, 12:25 AM

Gloves wear out ... especially if you ride lots. I don't care what name is on them as long as they last a season or two. When you don't think they are providing enough protection anymore chuck em and get another pair.
If you find some you really like buy two or three pairs cause in two years they won't make them like that or you can't find them anymore.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:57 PM

i bought a pair of short cuff Joe Rocket Honda gloves and within four or five months one glove seem ripped and the other glove palm fell apart. i think JR is all looks.