Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Joe Rocket Honda HRC Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006 | 05:54 PM
Default RE: Joe Rocket Honda HRC Leather Jacket

ORIGINAL: Sparky

That jacket is sweet! I have been looking at that exact jacket (and drooling). I checked out the website, but they didn't have too many specifics. I own the old style Honda textile jacket (vintage 1999 product), and am really looking for something with more protection. If you could share any specifics, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

I just bought a Joe Rocket Honda CBR Leather jacket a little while ago. I think it is a superb jacket. The fit is excellent. The leather is thick and has good armor. The stitching is very sturdy.

This is just my opinion, but I looked for quite a while and went to all the local shops to compare quality and looks before buying. I ended up buying online and got it for $280 plus shipping. I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Old 05-11-2006 | 06:13 PM

Thanks OldFatGuy, that is the kind of advice I needed.

Old 05-21-2006 | 04:51 AM

Yeah I bought mine from this guy on ebay.....I called him up & ordered it....really nice guy to deal with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I only paid $270 or $279 with FREE SHIPPING though a couple months ago. He mentioned he was gonna maybe up the price since he was offering free shipping. But $289 SHIPPED is still a great deal!

The price at all the local shops was $350 and then add 6% sales tax to that, and it's $371 out the door!!!!
So I think I got an awesome deal.

And like OldFatGuy said......VERY VERY good quality. Thick leather with armor & fits like a glove. Nice, comfortable fit!

Old 05-21-2006 | 11:21 AM

I bought this jacket as well. My only advice is to make sure you try it on before you pick your size and order online. These jackets definitely do not fit like a non-biker jacket, so make sure it fits right before picking a size. Also, when I checked on the availability of the Red they were back ordered from Joe Rocket by a couple of weeks. I ended up going with the gun metal grey instead, and there weren't many of those available either.