Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Helmets - Shoei or Arai

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmets - Shoei or Arai

ORIGINAL: APCh8r

it seems that people that fit perfectly in shoei's don't fit in arai's perfectly, and vice versa.
That was one of my concerns. I fit the Shoei really well, but haven't tried on an Arai in a long time and can't remember how they fit.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 AM

I have tried both on. I like the designs of the Shoei over the Arai...but the Hayden replica really wins my heart. As for fitment of the Arai, I would say it's 8.5/10 for me. The Shoei was either too big or too small. The material in the Arai is definately higher in quality imo. The Arai helmet actually feels higher in quality overall. I got the Suomy extreme because it fits my head PERFECT. Also the alcantara lining feels 10X better then what Arai and Shoei offers. The quality of the helmet feels on par with Arai but the clear coat is MUCH better on the Suomy. I heard that Arai visors are a bitch to change but it's not that bad on my Suomy. The Shoei is the best if you change your visors a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those brands. You just have to make sure that it wraps your head snugly.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=hail.gif] SHOEI

Old 10-27-2006, 11:17 PM

Go to a shop and try some on. I know from my personal experience is I fit perfectly into a shoei once I change the cheek pads out for a thinner thickness. Now when I take a arai profile I am still loose in the top section of the helmet when i move it around to check for fitment. The reason for going with the profile is that I have a long skinny head, which is what the profile is designed for. The main point of this is to try on as many as you can and find one that fits you perfect. One of the great things about both of these manufacter's is that you can run different thickness for padding in either one. This is great because it allows you to get the proper fit for your head shape.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: APCh8r

Go to a shop and try some on. I know from my personal experience is I fit perfectly into a shoei once I change the cheek pads out for a thinner thickness. Now when I take a arai profile I am still loose in the top section of the helmet when i move it around to check for fitment. The reason for going with the profile is that I have a long skinny head, which is what the profile is designed for. The main point of this is to try on as many as you can and find one that fits you perfect. One of the great things about both of these manufacter's is that you can run different thickness for padding in either one. This is great because it allows you to get the proper fit for your head shape.
Exactly. I think I'll stick with the Shoei. I really liked the fit of my RF-1000, it was nice and snug in medium size, and it was light weight. I think I'll go with an X-11 this time since the whole liner comes out for washing.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:45 PM

I had a RF-1000 until the Georgia State Patrol decided to throw me to the ground and put some "character" scratches on the side. Then I got an Arai RX-7 Corsair "Hayden Wired" and I LOVE it. So far it is BY FAR the most comfortable helmet I have ever ridden with. It has so much airflow through it you will not believe it. It never fogs up due to all of the shield venting. It has a fully removable lining for washing (Rf-1000 began to stink pretty bad after the summer months). If you choose the Arai you will NOT be dissapointed at all. +5 on the Hayden Wired looks as well.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM

I'm an Arai guy cause they fit my round melon of a head, if I could wear Shoei I would, either way wear the one that fits proper.......