Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a new jacket, gold mirror visor and a pair of gloves. My jacket i have now is a bit flashy, its the Joe Rocket one with the playing cards and crap on it. Ordered one of the new Speed and Strength jackets that just came out and pair of their gloves. Going to see how good of quality they are i guess. I've heard pretty good stuff about their gear over the past two months though.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:34 PM

ive got a cheap full face helmet that i bought. im wanting to save up for a nicer one(shoei). im sure my icon jacket and gloves will hold up in the winter down here in the south.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by bigboi18184
Thx just ordered the black/gold EXO-400 for $49 now have to find a gold mirror shield to go on it. The site was on extended back-order for the extra shield.

And it was cheap enough so i wont feel bad if i upgrade in the near future.
i just placed an order for mine

Old 11-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Found that speed and strength jacket at motorcyclesuperstore.com for $59. They also have the same jacket for $79 and that's with the back protector. I already have the back protector from my Joe Rocket im going to try and use with it.

Had a set of the icon 29er gloves and they hardley lasted two seasons, but they were less than $40 so i cant complain. Going to try and find a pair for winter riding that are warmer, the SS ones i ordered are just for cool weather.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im looking for another helmet and I love the suomy atlantic city gambler helmet. Its a cool helmet and I love atlantic city and frequent there quite often especially in the summer since im only 45 min to an hour away. I found a real good deal on one but the only problem Im having is the colors of the helmet just wont match my bike or any of my gear. My bikes currently the white with red stock f4i scheme but I might go all white or all black. It wouldnt look bad with an all black bike and black gear but how much of a factor is matching your helmet/bike/gear all together for the rest of you guys? WOuld something like this prevent you from getting a helmet even if you really liked it?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 AM

just to match.....no. My new jacket its white and black, new helmet is gold and black, and my bike is black,red and white. I would vote for comport/protection over matching color schemes.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the comfort and protection is taken care of the matching is the only thing that doesn't fit the bill. Im a bit ocd about stuff like that, everything has to match, but I just really like this helmet so Im in a pickle since im not sure how much ill actually like wearing it even though i really want it and i wont even be the one seeing it not match. I was more so wondering if anyone has had a similar scenario where they found a jacket or helmet or something they wanted and the only reason they didnt get it was because it didnt go along with their color scheme? Or am i the only prima donna that cares?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM

Got my scorpion exo-400 in and that dude was tight as hell, had to return it for a large. It was so tight that when i bit down i was chewing on the inside of my cheeks. The hjc i have is a small....and fits perfect and the sizing chart is the same on them both. Wonder if the hjc was just worn in better.

The site was pretty good about returns though, gave me a free return shipping label when i went ahead and ordered a new one. Then will send the money back to my pay-pal account when they receive the item.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

New Enough is THE BEST place to buy from.. hassle free exchanges... I have a large EXO400 and it fit nice n snug.. it has loosened up a tiny bit.. but still presses my cheeks nicely... my old HJC was an XL and it fit somewhat snug but when it broke in, it was a bit loose...

Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by bigboi18184
Got my scorpion exo-400 in and that dude was tight as hell, had to return it for a large. It was so tight that when i bit down i was chewing on the inside of my cheeks. The hjc i have is a small....and fits perfect and the sizing chart is the same on them both. Wonder if the hjc was just worn in better.

The site was pretty good about returns though, gave me a free return shipping label when i went ahead and ordered a new one. Then will send the money back to my pay-pal account when they receive the item.
Glad to hear they are good with returns. That price is unreal! I tried the scorpion exo 400 on today and it does run tight. XL fit best with scorpion and with the Shoei RF-1000 the L fit best. I would go with scorpion exo 400 any day but prefer shoei personally as I've seen what they can handle. Picked up a Shoei RF-1000 Caster for $200 on ebay through this guy http://stores.ebay.com/Go-AZ-Motorcy...4.l1581&_pgn=3 I'll add feedback/comments to his username when it arrives.