Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hjc helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hjc helmets

Hi!
I'm Italian and i'm looking for a new helmet.
Hjc is a new brand in my country, and i can't find any reviews about these helmets... the price of fs-10 infinity looks very good,but the quality?
Is this helmet safety and as good as an arai or a shoei?

Bye!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Default RE: Hjc helmets

Look Here:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/DEPT/Street-Bike-Helmets-Mens-Riding-Gear.aspx#{"__s":"/wEXAQUEQmFjawUFMjI3LDA="}

You should find some reveiws. I own 2 HJC Helmets, they do their job.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 AM

Lots of people use HJC here in the states (myself included), and they are a good value IMO.They're notas good as an arai or a shoei (at least as far as thecreature comfortsare concerned), but they still are good enough to meed our DOT and SNELL certifications, so they'regood enough.

Hey, and on the plus side, my old CL-14 kept my brains in my skull when I smacked my head against the pavement a few times after a 40 mph highside last month. The thing only has a few scuffs in it. After that, they've definitely earned my seal of aproval.

Obviously, make sure any helmet you get fits your head correctly.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 AM

First of all, thank you.
So, as I suppose the comfort of shoei and arai isn't reachable by other brands.I don't know anything about your certification "dot "and "shell", but I think that they are a sort of "warranty" for the helmet itself.And I was looking exactly for this kind of infortmation... hjc are "safety".Can you please tell me if exist some kind of "crash test archives" online,that tests helmets ?
I'm asking so many questions because i have to decide between an italian middle-class brand(nolan,agv,x-lite) or hjc.Which one do you think is better?
The cost is pratically the same for the top-classes helmets and for the middle one.

Ps.Sorry for my bad english

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 AM

never heard of nolan or x-lite. DOT is required to be a legal helmet in the USA. Its the basic safety standard set by the Department of Transportation. Snell is the highest safety rating a helmet can recieve in the USA set by an independent organization.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Ok, thank you!
So hjc helmets are "top-rated" by american certifications.
Thank you...I repeat that here in Italy this brand is growing rapidly... but only in the last period, nobody knows anything about this helmets before.
Ps.Are you sure that you don't have nolan in USA?I thought that was one of the most famous industry... Casey Stoner and Melandri use it!
X-lite is a sub-brand of Nolan Group.
Now i'm curious... is in your country DAINESE the best clothing-industry for bikers?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM

i have heard of avg......and they (I BELIEVE) are similar in quality to HJC....perhaps HJC being a little higher?? I ride with an HJC helmet, i trust them w/my life, so i would personally reccommend them. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:03 PM

+1 HJC

Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM

We can get Nolan here, but mostly online. Most of us have to get our helmets from bike dealerships, which usually only carry Arai, Icon, HJC, Shoei, and Bell.This is true of my area, at least (Ohio), I'm not sure about the rest of the US.

Dainese makes good gear, but most people can't afford them. I would much rather have a nice set of full leathers made by Teknic (about half the price!).

Anyway, people stateside have been using HJC's for years with only minor problems that I've heard of. The biggest complaint I hear about them is wind noise, but I wear earplugs when I ride, so it doesn't bother me.

Oh, BTW, potato juice is a great face shield de-fogger. Works just as good (if not better) than the commercial stuff. Better with multiple applications, of course. I bring this up because the less expensive helmets need to have the shields re-treated sooner than the high-end ones.

Buy the HJC. Around here at least, compared to what we have available, they're the best option in "no-frills" lids IMHO.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:26 PM

BTW, Here is a website that gives an accurate representation of what Americans buy most (not thatIthink these brands are any better than others). They also have decent prices:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/

Quick Reply: Hjc helmets