Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Helmet question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet question

So here it is. I have a fulmer right now, size S, and after wearing it for a while it is not as snug as it originally was. It still fits fine, but it isn't exactly squeezing my head. I want to buy a shoei, and after looking for a while, i found one on ebay that is very close to my house. I tried a shoei on at a dealer, BRIEFLY, and the medium seemed to fit me well (there were no smalls in stock.) So my problem is, this auction ends soon, before I can get to the dealer to try the helmet on again. Its a good deal, on a new helmet, and its the one I want. I've been looing at size charts and the size's between shoei and fulmer seem to be just about dead on, meaning I should need a small in a shoei to, if they are suppose to be comparable. I've tried the whole measure your head and see what fits, but depending on where i measure, i get a very wide range of results, any where inbetween a medium and a small. Does anyone have any experience wearing both manufactorer's helmets? Should I just hold off, or is it actually logical that the medium does fit, even though I wear a small now? Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Old 04-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet question

from my experience fulmers run a little large. i have the same problem you do, in that my head is a small in some helmets and a med in others. i wear a small in shoei, but an XS in fulmer. from you comment the your small fulmer is too big, you should be in a XS fulmer, and i would tell you to go with the small in shoei. hope its not too late and i hope it helps.