Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

BiLT gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I ended up getting some boots. They were on sale so I though why not. For $80, If I get a year out of them I'll be happy. Been using them for the past month or so, every day. So far so good. They're pretty comfortable and seem to be holding up. We will see what happens...

Last edited by 74demon; 10-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope they work out for you. Interested in hearing the results.

CycleGear had a sale on the BiLT gloves. I tried on 6-7 pairs & none of them fit right.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i looked at the bilt gear when i was looking at getting a new full leather gear. i have buddies that run their gear and like it just fine expacially for the price. however, i did not like the quality/feel of the leather that they use. i went with cycle gears next step up which is their sedici line of gear. i can say that the leather is much nicer quality than that of the bilt gear and the sedici gear has lifetime warranty that covers stiches ever coming undone or anything like that but not when u crash and rip it to shreads of course. i hace the full 2 piece suit, their motorcycle boots, and a pair of the gauntlets and i can say that i am really happy with all of it.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:
I use the Cycle Gear freeze out gear and heat out stuff year round as the weather dictates. It works very well and I highly reccommend it. Just pay attention to the sizes as they seem to run a little small. Now the other stuff they sell is either hit or miss as some of the Bilt gear is a great value for the dollar and other stuff is absolute trash (cheap and falls apart fast). You have to really pay attention to its fit and finish for you.
I tell a lot of new riders to get it (Bilt Gear) untill they can find something better at a good price, as it is better to have the Cycle Gear stuff than be waiting for something better and not be wearing it when you need it. All gear is throw away stuff so you can survive to ride again, no gear decreases survival, and increases chance of hard core injury. But if you know what you want, check out the Bilt stuff just don't set your expectations too high for what you are buying and you should be happy with alot of stuff they sell, also from my experience if you are not happy with it they will refund you on most things.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 10-13-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

Most of my gear is from Bilt. When I first started out I didn't have too much money, and all the stuff was on sale and it does the job. I have 2 of their helmets, and I feel secure and snug with them on. I also have one of their mesh armoured jackets, and I feel that it can hold up in a wreck. Oh and a pair of the gloves, not sure which ones. It has the carbon fiber knuckle and vents. I've had everything since February, and it's all held up pretty well, no problems with stitching, vents all work fine, velcro great. I ride pretty often, almost everyday.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Update:
The "track" boots I bought are holding up well. I've got about a year and a half on them now, but not solid riding over the winter. I must say, they are really comfortable and are not even close to being worn out. I figured one good summer and I'd be shopping again, but nope. I actually went back at the end of last summer and picked up some leather track pants. They are comfortable and vent well but feel a little on the heavy and bulky side, but for only $100 I didn't expect it to be. They are great for my commute and weekend rides, but for the track a suit would be better.

Last edited by 74demon; 04-15-2014 at 09:30 AM.