Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Breaking in new boots !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not really sure how to brake em in besides wearing them around, maybe a leather softener? used that on new baseball gloves when i was playing....

on a side note, i would have thought like you when i bought my boots because i bought them in a comfortable size and now there a little big since they broke in

Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM

well the way i always break-in my new boots is a pair of these wooden things that i got with a pair of dress shoes that are adjustable in the lenght an width. not sure what they are called but since i hate wearing monkey suits i decided to give them a new home in my Sidi's. they work great an i have seen them at several different shoe stores. but ill wear all my new boots for about an hour or so to get the leather warm an then throw them bad boys in there an presto snug but comfortable

Old 03-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brakeswhatbrakes
well the way i always break-in my new boots is a pair of these wooden things that i got with a pair of dress shoes that are adjustable in the lenght an width. not sure what they are called but since i hate wearing monkey suits i decided to give them a new home in my Sidi's. they work great an i have seen them at several different shoe stores. but ill wear all my new boots for about an hour or so to get the leather warm an then throw them bad boys in there an presto snug but comfortable
They're called Shoe Trees.

Wish I'd bought my boots more snug. I usually wear 2 pair socks. But I wear a thinner sock next to my skin with a thicker outer sock in the summer. Helps wick away moisture if the sock is of the wicking type.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:02 PM

The only trick I can think is to wear them as much as you can and wear long thick dress socks while doing so.