Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Anybody have experience with Gericke stuff??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody have experience with Gericke stuff??

A guy here at work is selling a Gericke leather jacket (not sure the exact model) for his neighbor.... never really heard too much about this company though. It's my size (42), red and black and appears to be in mint condition. He's only asking $100. Has the little aero hump too.... pretty nice. I was gonna get the Fieldsheer Track Paddock II, but I dunno if this one is decent and for the price... I might have to pick it up

Anybody have any reviews on their stuff??

Old 11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody have experience with Gericke stuff??

If its Hein Gericke then I can vouch for their leather jackets. I have been wearing mine for 6 years and it is still in perfect condition.

They are popular here in the UK and elsewhere.

Good luck
Flogger

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know... thanks!! I did end up buying the jacket.... got it for $75, too good of a deal to pass up! I found the little tag, and it's an 'Urban Warrior' model, which after doing some digging on the net, it appears to have been a nearly $400 jacket when new. So that was quite a dealI got! Seems it was one of their higher end jackets, with some pretty good reviews. This jacket seriously could be passed off as brand new never worn though... absolutely mint condition!

Only thing is it might not be the greatest cold weather jacket, as it does have perfs on the shoulders and chest (which work very well!! lol). I wore it home from work today, and even with the liner in you can still feel some cool air coming in. No biggie though. It fits me real well... nice and snug without being too tight, and very comfortable! I'm happy with it

If I can find my freakin digicam I'll snap a pic of the jacket

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Barber a month or so ago, and the Celtic racesuit was very prevalent. Alot of racers love the stuff. I looked at it closly, and there is alot of detail and protection built in. Several of the guys went down several times, and the suits held up great.