Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Alpinestar Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpinestar Warranty?

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if Alpinestar has warranties that cover thier jackets!
I crashed in Dec. 06 pretty hard and the zipper broke open when I had it zipped up all the way.
The jacket held up other whys. But I did receive some road rash to my side & back.

Please let me know....... also let me know how to go about taking care of this problem!

Thanks!

I was wearing the Alpinestar Stage Leather Jacket.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Default RE: Alpinestar Warranty?

I took this directly off their site. Looks like your out of luck.

Product Disclaimer

Motorcycling is an inherently dangerous activity, which may result in personal injury and/or death. Alpinestars' products are designed to offer superior riding comfort and performance and while all motorcycle riders should wear appropriate protective equipment, no product can offer complete protection from injury or damage to individuals and property in case of fall, collision, impact, loss of control or otherwise. Each individual rider should be familiar with the sport of motorcycling, recognize the wide range of foreseeable hazards and decide whether to assume the risks inherent in such activity. MOTORCYCLE RIDERS MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH THE CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE MOTORCYCLE AND THE EQUIPMENT THEY ARE USING. Alpinestars disclaims any responsibility for injuries incurred while wearing any of its products. Alpinestars makes no guarantees or representations express or implied, regarding the fitness of its products for any particular purpose, further Alpinestars makes no guarantees or representations express or implied, regarding the extent to which its products protect individuals or property from injury or death or damage.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 AM

I have seen this on their site before, but I am wondering is that all equipment has a crash rating. Why can't I find that for jacket's that are approved by AMA and all Racing Industries?
Well crap...... If there is no warranty or rating than why should I ever spend that kind of money on stuff that will not do it's job!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO...their zippers are just aight...the tab almost always breaks off! i've had a stunt, dyno, friends dyno and tz-1 and the tabs keep breaking off, but i've never heard of it opening up like that...that is sooo dangerous.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:49 PM

The funny things is that the tab held together. If not than I would have gotten worst road rash. The zipper broke open near the top by the neck too.
I am just thinking this is a Defective zipper that they should fix or replace the Jacket.

I will be calling them tomorrow and see whats up...... I will let you all know what they say.
I dont care about the road rash I just want my $379 jacket replaced

Old 04-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Give them a call...
I had a problem with stitchings on my glove...they replaced it right away...was very pleased with their customer service...
Here's the e-mail that they sent meand has infos to the Alpinestars USA...

[hr]

Hello Sean,[/align]

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with yourgloves.
Please contact us at the Alpinestars USA office at the number below. Ask forproduct support andwe will issue you a return authorization number to send them in toremedy the problem you are experiencing in a timely manner.
[/align]
[/align]
Kind regards,[/align][/align]
[/align]
[/align]Brett Neal
Product Support

Alpinestars Inc.
Torrance (CA) USA
ph. (+1) 310 891 0222
ph. (+1) 800 727 8277
fax. (+1) 310 891 0299
www.alpinestars.com

Old 04-05-2007, 03:32 AM

Thanks I will let you all know what they say!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM

Heard anything else about this?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM

No I have emailed them through there website on April 4th and yet to get a call or an email in reguards to this matter!
I am going to call them tomorrow! I will let you know...... I am just busy with work and stuff to call during business hours, but tomorrow I am off!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 PM

can you please post a follow up to this? i realize it's an old post, but you bring up an important issue.

i read this post and see a lof of misinfo.

a/ alpinestars has one of the best warranties in the industry. they have a full repair facility in los angeles
b/ the pasted disclaimer above doesn't refer to their product warranty. it refers to the dangers of
riding and the limits of protective moto apparel.

Quick Reply: Alpinestar Warranty?