Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Setup/SIDI boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup/SIDI boots

Sooo...I went to Iron Pony this weekend and bought me a new pair of riding boots. I bought the Setup Vision boots. I wanted something that I could wear for "street riding" and take to track days too. I tried on the SIDI Vertigo Corsa's, and although I loved the way they felt (you can adjust the fitment throughout the whole boot), I walked around the store with them on, and could tell that they wouldn't be a very good boot to walk around in for long periods of time. I could see myself buying apair anyways just for track use and keep my Setups for street use. The ONLY thing that I don't like about the Setup's/SIDI's is for the simple fact that they don't make a size 12, it's either 11 1/2 or 12 1/2. Does anyone have these boots and/or know of a way to get a little bit better "snug" fit? Maybe new insoles? When I did track days, I'd use my buds Joe Rocket Speedmaster boots. They fit really well, but were so fin' heavy. That's another thing that I like about the Setup's/SIDI's, they offer great protection yet they weight next to nothing.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Default RE: Setup/SIDI boots

How much walking around do you plan on doing in these boots? The boots are meant for riding. As for getting them more snug, why not try a thicker pair of socks?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Setup Vision boots. I wear 2 pair socks. A thick sweat sock and a thinner outer dress sock. Helps the feel a bit. That's my only complaint with them is they aren't snug enough. If I had to buy again, I'd spend another $50 bux and get the AGVSPORT boot.

Why do you call them Setup/SIDI?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:42 AM

Because SIDI took Setup under their wings. SIDI doesn't make Setup, it's weird, ummm, I guess you'd call it like a partnership and SIDI's the boss?! lol