Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Scorpion Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Helmets

ORIGINAL: Hardrock69

sportbiketrackgear.com has the best deals I could find.
Actually, ANY authorized Scorpion dealer will have the best deals you can find because WE are held to advertising only the retail price and NOTHING below that. So pretty much if they are advertising lower than the specified price set by Scorpion they wont be selling Scorpion helmets for long.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Let me clarify- It was where I found the best deal for our helmets. They were previous years graphics, maybe that's why.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Hardrock69

Let me clarify- It was where I found the best deal for our helmets. They were previous years graphics, maybe that's why.
yep thats why. Too bad you didnt find me on this site before you got your helmets. I could have saved you some money on this years models.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 PM

I pretty much have to agree with what everyone else says. They are definitely a lot cheaper than similar quality helmets. I have a EXO-700 Scorpion design in Matte White and I get compliments on it everywhere I go. I wear glasses under the helmet sometimes and have NEVER had a problem with the visor fogging.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 PM

I have 2...a red exo 400 warhawk and a red exo 700 geronimo. Awesome graphics, awesome fit, interior and more. Between the two including a silver mirror shield for the 400 and a dark smoke for the 700 I have just about 300 dollars in them combined. I got the 400 for 99.95 on ebay and the 700 for 129.99 on sportbike track gear. Get a sheild with it and it's free shipping since it is over 150. Awesome feel. I've tried on expensive shoeis, higher end HJC models, as well as an Arai and an icon mainframe and for your money you can't find a better helmet. I got 2 for me and my girlfriend to share, both Large since they run a little snug which is great because I get to switch helmets whenever. Vents well and is pretty quiet, not a bunch of "whooshing" that I had on my crappy Z1R. The only diff between the 700 and 400 seems to be the shell material and the rear "spoiler exhaust thing" on the 700 looks a bit more aggressive. I can't imagine what "extra" you would be getting if you bought an RF1000 shoei or an Arai RX7...name perhaps but there's not really any cons I can think of on the scorpion helmets except that they are pretty snug. Check out sportbiketrackgear.com for a 2 videos on the exo 700, it helped me decide.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 AM

Because of the price, I bought a Scorpion exo 700 crackhead, and love it. The venting actually works, shield has yet to fog up on me, easy to change faceshields. It is a little heavy. For me it handles high speeds well, and doesn't bounce around that much. I'd say IMO that this is the best bang for the buck. I've not crash tested this helmet, and hope that I never do. The next time though, I'll probably spring for the exo 1000 with the inner tinted shield, so that I won't have to worry about changing faceshields for day and night riding.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jp_greenville13

@ jason. those helmets as quiet as everyone says ? cuz thats sure as hell doesnt look like it was quiet. lol
Sorry - Haven't logged on here in a while...

No, They're NOT that quiet - I wear ear plugs while racing & riding so I don't tend to notice the wind noise, but both my Suomy & Shark are definitely quieter...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM

I have purchased three Exo 400s. The first was a tribal, and I wrecked in it. The second was for the passenger. The Third was to replace the first. I owned it for about a year and a half when the plastic for the forehead vent just broke off. All I ever did was polish it, and I never dropped it so this kinda turned me off of them.

They also tend to have a bit more air swirling in front of the face, which leads to dirt in your eye in my area. I recently got a Shoei RF-1000, and it is well worth the extra 100 or so bucks.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Owned one for 3 years. I like their customer service even better than the helmet.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Looks like iam going to have to pick one of these up , review was very helpfull

Quick Reply: Scorpion Helmets