Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Scorpion Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Helmets

i have a HJC and was thinking bout replace CL15 for a scorpion 700 or maybe the 400. How is it compared to weight. heavier lighter the same? Also forget how cool it looks, have anyone had these crash tested. Buddy of mine works for AMR and has see some ****. He said of all the crashes he has been to the only helmet that actually did wut it was supopsed to was a shoei. sory bout any typos...i am working graveyard shift and am really tired

Old 11-01-2006, 02:50 PM

I have a 700, and I really like it. Unfortunately, I do not like the fit of Shoei or Arai, so I went with some internet reviews of the Scorpion and got lucky. It fits really well, but it may be a little heavier than some people like. For me, it is not a problem. Once you get used to swapping the face shields, it is really easy to do. I have a mirrored one for day and the clear for night.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Glocker23

i have a HJC and was thinking bout replace CL15 for a scorpion 700 or maybe the 400. How is it compared to weight. heavier lighter the same? Also forget how cool it looks, have anyone had these crash tested. Buddy of mine works for AMR and has see some ****. He said of all the crashes he has been to the only helmet that actually did wut it was supopsed to was a shoei. sory bout any typos...i am working graveyard shift and am really tired
once the helmet is snell n dot approved its ok . it all depends on what kind of crash you are in .goin at certain speeds you hit something head first no matter the type of helmet it will not be pretty. helmets are made to crack open basically when involved in a collison where your head takes a blow . this is so they absorb most of the impact .like every other piece of gear it is a precaution

Old 11-08-2006, 03:09 PM

Both the 400 & 700 are bar none the best helmet for the money, even better than some of the bigger names top of the line helmets. The only helmet I prefer over the Scorpion is the Shark RSR2, but I use the the Scorpion for race duty and the Shark for street.

They crash well too:

Low-side last year looked like this, but I walked away with not so much as even a headache:

And a Highside this year, also no headache of any kind:

Just picked up two EX0-700's for next year as well.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 AM

+1 to Jason's post, I've crash tested 2 scorpions and wil continue to buy them

I actually like the weight, its a decent bit heavier than my AGV TiTech but for some reason the lightweight helmets give me the feeling that they're loose or something
plus the anti-fog visor on my scorpion works better than any high end helmet I've tried

Old 11-13-2006, 02:33 AM

Scorpion all the way! My Exo-700 Geronimo is a great lid! Light, yet solid, greater visibility over my previous helmet (HJC) Steel ringed face shield quick-detach mechanism. Solid clicks and positive lock face shield when closed. Much quieter than my HJC, yet good auditory awareness. Venting works great, has a small stabilizer (which helps reduce that high speed shimmy). Anti-fog factory shield is an awesome feature, removable liners for washing, good graphics that don't chip and flake, and great price. I would definitely go with the Exo-700 over the Exo-400, for about 30$ more you get the top of the line Scorpion.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 AM

the motorcyclist magazine article that rated all the different helmets (the one where shoei was a no show) put the exo 400 as a better helmet than the 700

it transferred less energy to the sensors during the crash tests so that is the one that i bought

Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 AM

@ jason. those helmets as quiet as everyone says ? cuz thats sure as hell doesnt look like it was quiet. lol

Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 PM

just bought two scorpion exo 400s one in large and one in medium. we'll see how it works. ive got one for me and one for my passenger and they should both fir me so the flexabilty will be nice

Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 PM

I've got the 700, wife's got the 400. Best bang for the buck, very comfortable, easy to switch visors, anti-fog, awesome venting. When it comes time to replace, I'll be getting Scorpion again. sportbiketrackgear.com has the best deals I could find.

Quick Reply: Scorpion Helmets