Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Gaerne Jet Boots SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaerne Jet Boots SUCK!

Bought a pair of these to replace my piece of **** Vega boots that started to fall apart after 2 days of use:

http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...roductid=31981

They look really nice, and seem to be well put together, but it all goes downhill from there. The heels are really wide, so my feet kept slipping around inside the boot. Also, even with the straps fully-tightened, the ankle did not fit snug against my shin. I think they're meant to be wrapped around a thick pair of leather pants, which I don't do. The worst part of all of this, is they're so thick and stiff that it feels like you're riding with your feet being asleep. You can't feel ANYTHING except for a vague tugging on the boot when you're trying to use the shifter. I got 3/4 of a block with these on, and had to go back, because it was too dangerous. I couldn't feel either of my levers, and moving the boot over or under the shifter was a near-impossibility. I don't know who these boots are for, but it sure isn't sport bike riders.

I ended up going back to my $60 Vega boots, which are now beat to hell and have the soles glued back on, but at least they're not gonna get me killed.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never heard of em. I love my Sidi vertigos tho. Sidi has a new boot out similar to the one you posted. It has a hefty price tag tho, I think it was like $279 for a pair. But then again its all and what you think your feet and ankles are worth.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, these retail for $229, go online for about $170. You'd think you'd get something decent for that. They seem to be huge in the motocross world, especially in Australia.

http://www.gaerne.com/

You'd think you'd get something at that price. Gonna put them on eBay and buy me some Sidi half-high boots or something.