Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Fendereliminators.net Fender Kit w/Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fendereliminators.net Fender Kit w/Lights

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

ORIGINAL: TeeDub

Funny, I just installed this kit and was going to review it, then saw this one. I didn't think the quality of the kit was very good. The left side bracket was different than the right side and the holes weren't drilled in the same place, so it made the plate crooked. I had to drill new holes to make it align properly. Also, one of the leds on the plate light was flickering and completely went out after about two minutes of use, so only two of the three plate leds work. Seems unacceptable for a $140 piece of plastic.

On another note, how did you guys run all those wires and the resistors to look so clean? Did you just have to chop them really short? Mine has a big-*** clump of wires now wire tied behind the eliminator.
A . call them up and tell them about your light , they will replace it for free.
B. if you want clean and control use a Libertek FlasherRelay

Very true. They should have no problem with the light. My brackets fit just fine with no problems. You may want to ask them about them also. As for the wiring I just got the wires as short as I could. I then wrapped the excess in black electrical tape, so it blended in with the black bracket and then zip tied them tightly up there. The first time I did it there was a big ball, then I redid it and it worked a lot better. Give them a call, they are very good about fixing things that aren't right. I have seen a lot of people that have bought from them with no problems. Unfortunatly like all things you may occasionally get a bad one.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM

The plate light seems to be working now, must be a short in the led. I emailed them and they asked me to call them, which I did today but got no answer. I'll try again later. I did re-wire mine too, using heat shrink on the wires, I also drilled a couple of holes where you can't see them on the fender kit and zip-tied the resistors up under there to hide them.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 AM

The plate light seems to be working now, must be a short in the led. I emailed them and they asked me to call them, which I did today but got no answer. I'll try again later. I did re-wire mine too, using heat shrink on the wires, I also drilled a couple of holes where you can't see them on the fender kit and zip-tied the resistors up under there to hide them.

I didn't have any resistors for my fender eliminator kit. I just had to wire the leds to the stock wiring and everything worked just fine. The kit didn't come with any. Maybe that is why my kit doesn't have so much wires.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM

Now two of the plate leds are out. I emailed them and Oliver replied telling me to call them. I've tried to call them about six times this week and it just rings and rings. [>:]

Old 10-21-2005, 10:30 AM

Now two of the plate leds are out. I emailed them and Oliver replied telling me to call them. I've tried to call them about six times this week and it just rings and rings. [>:]

That suprises me. I emailed them about ordering something and they are a little slow for some reason. I think they have been around awhile so I imagine they didn't up and close or anything. They must be busy or something. Hopefully it works out for you.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 PM

I'm sure it will work out. They are in Florida and that hurricane is coming, not sure if that is going to affect them, but hope not!

Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 PM

I'm sure it will work out. They are in Florida and that hurricane is coming, not sure if that is going to affect them, but hope not!

Didn't realize they were in Florida. That could be a good reason.