Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Detailed cbrfairings.com Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Do you have pics of the other fairings that are damaged?
Like the front, and right side (The outside) you said were also damaged
Here is the pictures of the right side that I originally sent them. This is all that I have on me. I could take more if necessary.

Attached Thumbnails Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-tank.jpg   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-right-side-1.jpg   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-right-side-2.jpg   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-right-3.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bsorensen4406
The fairings that they sell are not fabricated in the USA. They take orders and have them made in Hong Kong and they direct ship them to my house from China. I plan on contacting the BBB about this matter.
"Where are your fairings shipped from?
All of our fairings are shipped directly from our factory in China. We are able to offer unbeatable prices by manufacturing our fairings in China, however our offices are located in Cape Coral, Florida."

It says right on their website the fairings are made in China.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:52 PM

Here is the pictures of the right side that I originally sent them. This is all that I have on me. I could take more if necessary.
Its just weird how you say they just cracked and cobwebed like that as most damage like that would seem to come from them being overflexed.
Good luck though

And you should clean your bike a bit before taking pics as it will show everthing more clearer and take pics from a distance to show the origin of the cracks on each piece, Just my advice, if I was looking at the damage at cbrfairings end I would want to see the whole fairing to make sure you are not hiding any damage that might have caused this.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM

I knew from the beginning that the fairings would be shipped from China. I saw mostly positive reviews with their products and services, so I used them.

I agree 100% that thats typical, but if that were the case, the tank cover and tailpiece would have been the parts with a majority of the cracking due to the fact that there is no way to get out of flexing them when installing them. The tailpiece hasnt even began to crack and the tank is minimal as you can see in pics.

I agree that I could have done a lil better job taking the second set of pictures, but It was late and I was already frustrated that I had to tear my fairings off again just to take pictures for them. There is no damage that would have caused it though.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM

I knew from the beginning that the fairings would be shipped from China. I saw mostly positive reviews with their products and services, so I used them.

I agree 100% that thats typical, but if that were the case, the tank cover and tailpiece would have been the parts with a majority of the cracking due to the fact that there is no way to get out of flexing them when installing them. The tailpiece hasnt even began to crack and the tank is minimal as you can see in pics.

I agree that I could have done a lil better job taking the second set of pictures, but It was late and I was already frustrated that I had to tear my fairings off again just to take pictures for them. There is no damage that would have caused it though.
bsorensen4406, do you have something to do with this??

https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-t...com-go-131046/

Old 09-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hebbo
bsorensen4406, do you have something to do with this??

https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-t...com-go-131046/

Nothing that I know of.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Just an update, I just got a package in the mail today and it contained replacement fairings for all of the ones that cracked out. Gonna put them on....hopefully they dont crack out too. Fingers are crossed

Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Just an update, I just got a package in the mail today and it contained replacement fairings for all of the ones that cracked out. Gonna put them on....hopefully they dont crack out too. Fingers are crossed
I guess you jumped the gun on s#!t talking their customer service.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffjones
I guess you jumped the gun on s#!t talking their customer service.
+1!!!

Great to see them standing behind their product

Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Yay I was wondering how this was going to turn out. Planning on ordering a set from them in the coming months. So let us know if they crack.

How long did that whole ordeal take? from your emails back and forth to them sending you replacement fairings?

Quick Reply: Detailed cbrfairings.com Review