CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/detailed-cbrfairings-com-review-129036/)

jeffjones 08-01-2011 09:52 AM

Detailed cbrfairings.com Review

13 Attachment(s)
www.cbrfaings.com Review

Quick Summary: 01 CBR600 F4i. A month ago my bike was biked into and had damage to all the fairings, tank, and other cosmetic damage. Insurance said we will write it off or cut you a cheque and fix it yourself, So I took the cheque and did research on where to buy fairings and after checking all suggestions I decided to go with www.cbrfairings.com as their customer service was top notch responding to every question I had in less 24 hours during weekdays.

Quality - 90: The ABS plastics are good and almost as flexible as the OEM fairings, The wings on the side fairings are painted on instead of a decal but that is fine with me. The colour was nearly the exact same so if I was to buy just one fairing it would be hard to tell that it was a replacement. The tabs are a little thinner the OEM in some places but I put a rubber washer in with the bolt and in made everything tight. The heat shield is a little thinner then stock but looks like it will do a great job as it has the reflective shield over top of the foam part and was sent a giant sheet which is more then enough as I even doubled some up in areas that I thought see some more heat

Fitment - 95: The only drilling I had to do was to open holes that the paint dried over a bit. All the holes lined up with a little fudging. I sanded down the tabs in the front fairing that the headlight screws into as they were jut a tad to thick to get the screw clips on. The holes that you mount the mirrors on were a tad off but I little tug and they fit. My rear seat actually has less play now then it did with the stock rear which is good.
* I didn’t put on the intake covers as mine are already painted black and the front fender as mine is perfectly fine and my daughter just wanted me to finish so I didn’t bother installing it, but from the fitment of the rest of the kit I would assume I would have no problem.

Price - 90: They are more expensive then some of the ebay hong kong fairings but their customer service was the deal breaker that made me go with them as they responded extremely fast to any question and seem that they would be there in case of any problem. They are excellent for the price ($560) but are not OEM ($2,400)

Durability – 90: After a full season of riding (10,000km) and having the bike parked in the sun most days as it is a commuter and on and off about 15 times so far. The only flaw to be found is if you tighten the bolts too much they will slightly chip the paing as it gets tight. That flaw was fixed very easily by putting a rubber washer behind the bolt when tightening and since the hasn't been a mark and the washer cannot be seen behind the bolt.

Shipping/Packaging - 100: Once everything was finalized the fairings came within 10 days from processing. Each piece was wrapped in foam and bubble wrap. There were no broken or missing pieces.

Service - 100: Communications was extremely fast since cbrfairings office is in Florida instead of most in Hong Kong. They seem intelligent about their products and fast responses.

Overall - 95: I will update the rating on durability as time goes on. But for now I am very pleased with how they turned out. I was pleased with the fitment of the whole tail section, side fairings, and headlight fairings. I tried to be detailed on the review for people who are considering going with cbrfairings will know what to expect and not be disappointed. Also consider that your experience will be a little different then mind. Fitment might be a little different as well. Would I definitely recommend cbrfairings to someone, you will need an electric drill with different size drill bits, sander bit, and lots of room. And if you are reusing your fairing bolts make sure you pick up enough wellnuts as I found out they re not reusable. The right tools and rear stand does help.

I base my point system on comparing it to OEM for fitment and quality.

Received a very big box:

Attachment 45096

They were wrapped up very good:

Attachment 45097

Attachment 45098

and the colour matched very well if I were to just by a single fairing:

Attachment 45099

Attachment 45100

Attachment 45101

They turned out awesome:

Attachment 45102

Attachment 45103

Attachment 45104

Attachment 45105

Attachment 45106

Attachment 45107

Attachment 45108

Turbulenz 08-01-2011 08:26 PM

that looks amazing.. showroom even.

JonnybF4I 08-01-2011 09:35 PM

thats a great bike! it looks awesome!

greenc51 08-01-2011 09:36 PM

awesome...i'm about to redo my bike with the movistar kit from cbrfairings. this review is good news for me

jeffjones 08-02-2011 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by greenc51 (Post 1085650)
awesome...i'm about to redo my bike with the movistar kit from cbrfairings. this review is good news for me

Thanks everyone,
If the moviestar fairings come as nice as mine did you will be more then happy.

bdeljoose 08-02-2011 07:10 AM

Looks great. I wish I could get the factory color scheme for my f2.

jeffjones 08-02-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by bdeljoose (Post 1085765)
Looks great. I wish I could get the factory color scheme for my f2.

Yeah it sucks they dont do F2's, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

detroitcbr 08-02-2011 07:46 AM

The FAQ on the site says they do custom orders for older models anyone know anything about that?

jeffjones 08-02-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by detroitcbr (Post 1085774)
The FAQ on the site says they do custom orders for older models anyone know anything about that?

I just looked and it does say that but unfortunately This is my first set from them and mines an 01 so I'm not sure?
If you email them they have a great cusmtomer service and have quick responses.

vfrman 08-02-2011 08:09 AM

Very nice. Those look very good for the price. Does the orange come with the box?