Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Detailed cbrfairings.com Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vegas_rebel
Just thought I'd add that my fairings, too, are doing great. No defects at all as best I can tell. I got a windscreen with mine, and that too is doing great.

I continue to be really, really happy with the quality of these fairings, even after I've taken them off and put them back on a couple of times.
good stuff. All I have read so far are negative comments about these aftermarket fairings... probably more about those coming from HongKong anyway...
I have read about people complaining about the fact that the parts where the bolts sit is not injected plastic, and so they break easily. But this seems to not be the case in the ones from CBRFairings.

Your bike looks great with the Playboy model fairings. I guess you take them out during track days, dont you?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Default Id reconsider buying

I bought my fairings March 1st 2011, after receiving them, I installed them as quick as possible. Since installing them, almost every piece of my fairings has began to crack. I contacted CBRfairings.com and they forwarded me to their vendor 540fairings.com. When they received pictures, they said that the fairings that they sale arent warranteed and they cant do anything about it. Now I am stuck with a set of cracked fairings that cost me $640 that look worse than my previous set.

Attached Thumbnails Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-img_20110825_213907.jpg   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-img_20110825_213849.jpg   Detailed cbrfairings.com Review-img_20110825_213900.jpg  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bsorensen4406
I bought my fairings March 1st 2011, after receiving them, I installed them as quick as possible. Since installing them, almost every piece of my fairings has began to crack. I contacted CBRfairings.com and they forwarded me to their vendor 540fairings.com. When they received pictures, they said that the fairings that they sale arent warranteed and they cant do anything about it. Now I am stuck with a set of cracked fairings that cost me $640 that look worse than my previous set.
It looks like stress cracks that would come from a tip over or a bad install and the "I installed them as quick as possible" doesn't really help lol.
Mine are still amazing and I have had no problem with them and I have had them off and on at least 20 times so I'm still happy with them and their customer service was very helpful with me(although I didn't threaten to tarnish their name unless they sent me a new kit and send rude emails like someone.... )
I along with every other person that I have seen get them from there have been quite happy.

Maybe if you took better pics of the damage and if your bike didn't look like it was just on it side (the scratched stator) and tried to resolve the issue instead of the rude emails as posted in the other thread you probably would have got alot further with them.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 AM

Which model you bought the fairings for? Are those fractures just on the surface? Seems like they are faulty and something went wrong during production. Have you been able to compare your plastics with someone else's?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
It looks like stress cracks that would come from a tip over or a bad install and the "I installed them as quick as possible" doesn't really help lol.
Mine are still amazing and I have had no problem with them and I have had them off and on at least 20 times so I'm still happy with them and their customer service was very helpful with me(although I didn't threaten to tarnish their name unless they sent me a new kit and send rude emails like someone.... )
I along with every other person that I have seen get them from there have been quite happy.

Maybe if you took better pics of the damage and if your bike didn't look like it was just on it side (the scratched stator) and tried to resolve the issue instead of the rude emails as posted in the other thread you probably would have got alot further with them.
By saying "I installed them as quick as possible" I meant that I don't have alot of free time, so they sat around for a couple weeks and it took a few sittings to get done. The reason the stator cover is scratched is because the previous owner layed it down and I haven't bought a new one yet , which is why I needed new plastics.

I may have handled it wrong with service, but customer service deals with it daily I am just trying to share my story in hopes that it helps prevent somebody from ending up in my situation

Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by hebbo
Which model you bought the fairings for? Are those fractures just on the surface? Seems like they are faulty and something went wrong during production. Have you been able to compare your plastics with someone else's?
The kit that I bought was on an '07 CBR 1000RR. The fractures began on the surface/gelcoat and eventually worked their way into the graphics too. They havent been bent or flexed or anything that would typically cause a gelcoat to crack(if that was the case, the tank and tailpiece would be the worst.) I was the guinea pig of the group that was willing to be the first to purchase a kit from this company, so have no others to compare to.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:19 PM

The kit that I bought was on an '07 CBR 1000RR. The fractures began on the surface/gelcoat and eventually worked their way into the graphics too. They havent been bent or flexed or anything that would typically cause a gelcoat to crack(if that was the case, the tank and tailpiece would be the worst.) I was the guinea pig of the group that was willing to be the first to purchase a kit from this company, so have no others to compare to.
When did this happened? I guess you have done as much as you can to get your money back or getting new fairings, but I would complain as hell for this. CBRFairings should responsabilize for the faulty product. I guess you have already sent them the pictures and so, dont you? If none of this had any success, just contact any kind Consumer organizations (Consumer organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and explain to them your case. I am sure they will know how to deal with this situation and will assist you in how to solve this.

CBRFairing can not just throw the potatoe away with this.
The state of your fairing makes absolutely not sense. CBRFairings is a American company and they have to deliver a minimun of quality!!

Sorry for the speech mate, but this is really unfair for you.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have pics of the other fairings that are damaged?
Like the front, and right side (The outside) you said were also damaged

Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by hebbo
When did this happened? I guess you have done as much as you can to get your money back or getting new fairings, but I would complain as hell for this. CBRFairings should responsabilize for the faulty product. I guess you have already sent them the pictures and so, dont you? If none of this had any success, just contact any kind Consumer organizations (Consumer organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and explain to them your case. I am sure they will know how to deal with this situation and will assist you in how to solve this.

CBRFairing can not just throw the potatoe away with this.
The state of your fairing makes absolutely not sense. CBRFairings is a American company and they have to deliver a minimun of quality!!

Sorry for the speech mate, but this is really unfair for you.
I did send them pictures of the cracks that are on the bike but they failed to succeed in satisfying thier customer. They looked GREAT when I got em on, but are progressively getting worse. The fairings that they sell are not fabricated in the USA. They take orders and have them made in Hong Kong and they direct ship them to my house from China. I plan on contacting the BBB about this matter.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 PM

I did send them pictures of the cracks that are on the bike but they failed to succeed in satisfying thier customer. They looked GREAT when I got em on, but are progressively getting worse. The fairings that they sell are not fabricated in the USA. They take orders and have them made in Hong Kong and they direct ship them to my house from China. I plan on contacting the BBB about this matter.
Yeah. Give them a ring and try to find out.
Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Detailed cbrfairings.com Review