Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Bad Vibe from Delkevic

  #1  
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
The__Rider's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 223
Default Bad Vibe from Delkevic

I had heard about a company called Delkevic from another thread, about how great their customer service was and their fairing products. I, however have had completely the opposite experience.

On October 28, I placed an order from Delkevic for a 2004 Honda CBR600rr unpainted black tail faring. That same day I was billed for the order, as it had shown up on my credit card statement. I had also received an email confirming my order on October 28.

It has been five days since I placed the order from the Delkevic website. Since then I have received no additional emails with shipping or order processing statements. So I decided to call the telephone number provided in my confirmation emails to see what was going on. The provided number was no longer connected. What?!?!?

So I went onto their website and sent in a inquiry stating my troubles with their order processing. I found a phone number, that actually connected but not directly. After dialing the number, a woman answered from "Phil's Cycles," not Delkevic. I asked for the Delkevic company and was then transferred.

When the next person answered, I told them that I had placed an order with them last week for a tail fairing and had not received any further information, but I had been charged for the purchase. The women asked for my name and product information to look up the problem. After confirming the product I had purchased she then told me that they were out of stock of the black unpainted tail fairing. She then asked me if I had gotten an email stating that they were out of stock in the unpainted black and that the only thing they had was the white unpainted tail fairing. No, I had not received anything further from their confirmation email. She then asked if that was the product I wanted, and because I was tired of waiting I just confirmed that I will take the white one. She explained that the item should be delivered by Friday via UPS Ground.

So far this company has delivered a negative reputation. I had hoped I would have faced no problems because their items were fairly priced and were in the United States. Hopefully I will receive a tail fairing on Friday, with no further problems.
 
  #2  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
MZ5
MZ5 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 296
Default

I am pleased with my recent experience with them, although there were some oddities. I got 3 emails with receipts of one kind or another in them, and all for different amounts and even in different currencies! The correct amount seems to have been charged, though. Sadly, I got an incorrect product in the box, but they sent the correct part the same day I notified them of the error. So, I can't complain. Sorry for your troubles.
 
  #3  
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM
The__Rider's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 223
Default

Yeah I received an email from their customer service after I sent in the inquiry. He told me differently from the person I spoke on the phone with. He claimed I would have the product on or before November 11th. He also confirmed I would be getting an unpainted black tail section while the person on the phone told me they were out of stock. If I get two products for the price of one, that's their loss.
 
  #4  
Old 11-06-2010, 10:06 PM
bigboi18184's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shreveport , Louisiana
Posts: 397
Default

The stuff they sale comes from china, i ordered my tail sectin about 2 weeks ago and went through this.

They may say its in stock but that's just BS, it comes from china and takes about 2 weeks from the day ordered for you to receive it. Good news is that my tail fit perfectly and actually seems to be as good quality as OEM. Only problem i had was the rear set of bolt holes were a tiny bit small and had to drill out one hole a bit more. Other than the one bolt hole everything lined up perfectly and fit just right.

It fit good enough that i will be ordering my entire fairing kit from them in January. Don't too much mind the 2 week wait....beats a month wait on the other china fairings off E-bay.
 

Last edited by bigboi18184; 11-06-2010 at 10:08 PM.
  #5  
Old 11-07-2010, 03:59 PM
The__Rider's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by bigboi18184 View Post
The stuff they sale comes from china, i ordered my tail sectin about 2 weeks ago and went through this.

They may say its in stock but that's just BS, it comes from china and takes about 2 weeks from the day ordered for you to receive it. Good news is that my tail fit perfectly and actually seems to be as good quality as OEM. Only problem i had was the rear set of bolt holes were a tiny bit small and had to drill out one hole a bit more. Other than the one bolt hole everything lined up perfectly and fit just right.

It fit good enough that i will be ordering my entire fairing kit from them in January. Don't too much mind the 2 week wait....beats a month wait on the other china fairings off E-bay.
Yeah tell me about it. I could have sworn I read somewhere that their products are made-to-order from Colorado or something.

How much did it cost you to get it painted?
 
  #6  
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
bigboi18184's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shreveport , Louisiana
Posts: 397
Default

My bike is black and red/white so i left it the color it came and just put it on. Will be ordering a full kit in my factory color scheme in Jan. Havent seen anything as good quality as this ever though, its abs plastic or such and not the fiberglass stuff i see alot of.
 

Last edited by bigboi18184; 11-07-2010 at 07:44 PM.
  #7  
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
MZ5
MZ5 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 296
Default

I know you guys are talking fairings, and what I ordered from them was blinkers, but my order shipped from Colorado. I have no doubt that it's all made in China, just like so many other things we buy on this continent (including lots of Honda parts?).
 
  #8  
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
bigboi18184's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shreveport , Louisiana
Posts: 397
Default

Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
I know you guys are talking fairings, and what I ordered from them was blinkers, but my order shipped from Colorado. I have no doubt that it's all made in China, just like so many other things we buy on this continent (including lots of Honda parts?).
Turn signals are pretty much universal....as to why they had them in stock and shipped from colorado. Of the 5 people i have talked to who have ordered from Delkevic ALL said they said the fairings were in stock and ALL of them got drop shipped from china. So its not just made in china its being drop shipped from china which causes a 3-5 day wait on fairings turn into a 2-3 week wait.

Not knocking them though cause the quality is excellent, but don't lie to me on the phone and say my item is in stock when it is NOT.
 
  #9  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Hootie233's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 407
Default

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr View Post
Yeah tell me about it. I could have sworn I read somewhere that their products are made-to-order from Colorado or something.

How much did it cost you to get it painted?
I know their fairings are from "over seas." I live kinda near there in Colorado, gonna dodge some shipping fees i hope.
 
  #10  
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM
bigboi18184's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shreveport , Louisiana
Posts: 397
Default

Originally Posted by Hootie233 View Post
I know their fairings are from "over seas." I live kinda near there in Colorado, gonna dodge some shipping fees i hope.
Shipping is free if you order a painted kit. You could probably do local pick-up on a non-painted kit and get out of shipping, maybe.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad Vibe from Delkevic


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.