Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

AlpineStars

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AlpineStars

Hey guys. I just wanted to know what the average price for a pair of AlpineStars glovese are? I went to their website and I couldnt find a price! Also, what do you guys think of them? Do they offer good protection? What type of gloves do you wear? What do you think the best gloves are to wear? Thanks.

EDIT// Sorry this is probably in the wrong section.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AlpineStars

I wear AlpineStars gloves. I have the black wrist length leather that has the plastic knuckle protectors called Alloy I like them a lot. If I remember correctly they cost just under $50.00 at a local accessory shop called Iron Pony. They do mail order at www.ironpony.com but after checking their site I did not see the Alloy style glove.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:52 PM

I'm currently using their GP PRO gloves...I love them!...great protection, super comfortable, excellent quality...found on ebay for about $140

Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 AM

Ok, thanks for the info.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:01 AM

I have a pair of GP Plus gloves, is that the same as the GP PRO how are they different... LOVE them by the way... perfection

Old 09-09-2005, 03:05 AM

FYI if you can't get a listed price on them where you're trying to buy just put em in the cart and go to checkout... cancel if you want but at least you know. Sometimes prices are too low so the manufacturer sets a limit on advertised prices. Obviously volume dealers can make better deals than your hometown dealers. Tax is another avoidable goody online.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:30 PM

I have 3 sets of Astars gloves:

SPS gloves: which are crap, they make my hands cramp and don't offer any wrist or forearm protection (60.00). They're my "gonna rain later" gloves; I don't care if they get trashed.

GP Plus gloves: which are very comfortable gloves. They are thin in the palm so I don't get any hand cramps and I feel connected to the controls. They're gauntlet style gloves and offer decent wrist and forearm protection and have carbon fiber knuckle armor (145.00) These are pretty much my everyday riding gloves.

GP Tech gloves: These are my track gloves, but I occasionally wear them on the street. They are the most synthetic gloves I've ever worn so they aren't the most comfortable gloves either. The plastic knuckle protector makes the area between my 5th and 4th knuckle hurt, but it's tolerable. The finger size is strange, because I wear a large glove in the other Astars gloves, but the fingers are bigger compared to other models. I even went down a size and the palm area got tighter, but the fingers were pretty much the same and there's a lot of extra fabric at the fingertips, so they don't fit as well as my Pro gloves. The main reason these are my track gloves is the protection, there is no other glove on the market that has the armor or protective features than these gloves and the ventilation is incredible, I wear them on hot days specifically for the air that gets into them! (I think I payed 215.00 for them)

Out of the three I listed, I prefer the GP Pro gloves, because they offer great protection and are very comfortable, as the GP Tech gloves are a bit excessive for everyday street riding.