A summer full of accidents

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A summer full of accidents

I have a little story to tell you guys... This summer, I worked in Kristiansand Zoo, whichlays about 45 mins away from me. I rode almost everyday on my CBR 125ccR to get there. When I had worked there about 4 weeks, I went there as usual, but in a swing on the highway, I "touched" a stone or something which layed in the middle of the road(I hate the Norwegian road system of many reasons, *hinthint*), though I couldn't see it. I think the reason why it layed there is because they are building a new highway there(Hallelujah!!! I am not christian).My bike jumped and got completely out of balance. It's almost funny to know that I didn't crash or something, and since I were in a hurry I had to keep on miving, even though I were in some kind of shock. I parked my bike, and at the end of my day, I checked my bike, and I saw that my front wheel was damaged, and the tire was flat. I was lucky that I had some cash in my pockets so I could take the buss home. I got it repaired at Harley-Davidson, Arendal, and the bill came on around 5000 NOK(divide it on 6 to get it in $, or 11-12 in £), and half of my payment were gone.

Two days after i had got my bike back, I rode to work once more. Since I worked as a parking warden all summer, my days contained lots of cars, angry people(you know all those kids, hehe) and hot weather, though it was raining cats and dogs some of the days, but this day was the hottest all summer, and I almost dried out. I drank lot of water this day, but when I went home I would soon realize that it wasn't enough. Only 5 mins from my home, I crashed in a car which stood in front of me. I flew on the roof of the car, but of some unknown reason, I didn't get hurt. My bike almost got condemnated, but HD-Arendal once again got it repaired. Even though I had insurance, I had to pay them over 8000 NOK as individual share.

I guess you now think that I am a very irresponsble MC-rider, but in both of these "scenes", I kept the speed as it were allowed there, and I kept my distance to the cars in front of me. I think the reason that I crashed the last time was that I was overheated, and that had almost the same affliction as alcohol have. My reaction time was dramatically increased as I didn't react soon enough. The first accident wasn't my fault, but I had to pay for it. The second time was ufortunately my fault, and I had to pay for that too. I am 17 years only, and because I lost almost all my wages from these accidents on the road, I am kind of upset, and very disapponted of myself. I know I should be happy that I didn'tdie, but still...

I hope you learn something of my story, and keep your distance to the car in front of you. Ride safely!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang dude.. Sorry to hear that! Glad you're ok though! And don't worry, bad stuff happens all the time. Especially to newer riders. I'm sure you've learned from the mistakes huh? lol So did you repair the bike or get a new one?