Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weird Road Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Weird Road Accidents

Let's hear your tales of strange accidents you've seen.

On my way home this evening I came across the rear end of a long tailback on the motorway, filed my way through the 2-3 miles of backed up traffic to find the police had coned off the road allowing the traffic to pass through the hard shoulder. At the accident scene I saw a mini digger sitting on its tracks parked sideways in the outside lane, a seriously mangled trailer next to it in the centre lane and absolutely no other vehicles at the scene. Methinks someone's tow bar wasn't up to the job. I wonder how much of a **** they felt when the got out of the car/truck and looked behind them. Hilarious, but **** being stuck in the ensuing traffic jam. I'd love to have seen the look on the drivers face behind the trailer when it came loose though.

I saw a similar thing happen to a small boat once but that was less spectacular, it just went though someones garden fence at about 5 MPH.

Anyway, post your nuggets here. This could be very amusing/disturbing.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM

was riding home from work awhile ago. the high way close to where i live is weird. its 2lane/4lane one way and the same the other. i was on the 2lane and i look over and see a boat in the middle of the same direction 4lane. 2miles down the road the truck carrying it was pulled off the road..... really took him 2miles to realize.... haha numb-n^ts

Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last weekend in the outside lane of 95 north ......... a giant stuffed kids panda bear
sitting smack in the middle of the lane facing oncoming traffic ..... nearly caused a
goddamned pile up ..... nobody wanted to hit it...... well that was until a Guy with
a big arsed lifted truck with a snow mobile trailer nailed it ......... boooooooooooom
a hailstorm of millions of bits pink yellow blue and green bits of foam exploded
everywhere............ craziest thing I ever saw in my life...... wild

Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Last weekend in the outside lane of 95 north ......... a giant stuffed kids panda bear
sitting smack in the middle of the lane facing oncoming traffic ..... nearly caused a
goddamned pile up ..... nobody wanted to hit it...... well that was until a Guy with
a big arsed lifted truck with a snow mobile trailer nailed it ......... boooooooooooom
a hailstorm of millions of bits pink yellow blue and green bits of foam exploded
everywhere............ craziest thing I ever saw in my life...... wild
A frigging Panda?
Damn, it takes the tiniest thing sometimes. I've know tailbacks just because someone's changing a tyre on the side of the road and all the gorks wanted to slow down to watch. Tossers!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah man, here in the US lots of people haul stuff around in the backs of pickup trucks
loose and not tied down .......it's the one thing I'm always watching for on the bike !

I've seen a dining table fly out one time , another time a bunch of couch cushions ,
chairs , weed wackers , garbage barrels ...... you name it ..... it flies out once their
speed gets up and the wind rides up over the cab and down under the unsecured
load ! ......... can have very deadly results too

Old 10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see...

I saw a Peterbuilt slam into an old john deere tractor pulling a trailer full of apples. It flipped the john deere and threw the guy like 50ft into a field. The old man farmer stood up, brushed himself off, and said "Jesus Christ!" lol.
There were apples everywhere. I couldn't believe that he didn't have a scratch on him.

Growing up, we lived in a house at the bottom of a huge hill. (probably 400yrds to the top)
The town's water plant was between our house and the top of this hill. One day they were pulling a 4,000gal tank trailer full of water up the hill and it came unhooked from the truck at the top. It came down backwards like a bat out of hell. It went through my parent's driveway (right between their cars!), out the bottom end of our driveway, back onto the road, and then slammed into a bridge just past our house. It flipped and ended up in the river. LOL..
It was unbelievable.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 PM

A few years back there was a trailer carrying a huge tree. It was laying down on the trailer at a 45* angle and the top of the tree ended up smacking a exit sign that was hung over the freeway. The top of the tree popped off and a cloud of leaves engulfed the freeway. It was quite a sight to see.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Yeah man, here in the US lots of people haul stuff around in the backs of pickup trucks
loose and not tied down .......it's the one thing I'm always watching for on the bike !

I've seen a dining table fly out one time , another time a bunch of couch cushions ,
chairs , weed wackers , garbage barrels ...... you name it ..... it flies out once their
speed gets up and the wind rides up over the cab and down under the unsecured
load ! ......... can have very deadly results too
Last year during our mardi gras parade i was behind a truck as we were going over a 2 lane bridge. Just as i was waiting for a car to pass so i could switch into the right lane a huge plastic trash can flew out. I swerved hard to avoid it and then i went up to the passanger window and pointed and they were just laughing that it happened. Pissed me off that they just laughed about it.

On the same bridge there was a trailer carrying those clay type shingles. They werent tied down and they were just bouncing all over his trailer and falling off the back. Every few seconds a shingle would fall. People behind me were honking casue i had so much distance. I shoulda just let em pass and then i could have started honking at them when they saw what was ahead.

If only people invested in a $5 rope. Its not like they are a one time use deal.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Lets see...

I saw a Peterbuilt slam into an old john deere tractor pulling a trailer full of apples. It flipped the john deere and threw the guy like 50ft into a field. The old man farmer stood up, brushed himself off, and said "Jesus Christ!" lol.
There were apples everywhere. I couldn't believe that he didn't have a scratch on him.

Growing up, we lived in a house at the bottom of a huge hill. (probably 400yrds to the top)
The town's water plant was between our house and the top of this hill. One day they were pulling a 4,000gal tank trailer full of water up the hill and it came unhooked from the truck at the top. It came down backwards like a bat out of hell. It went through my parent's driveway (right between their cars!), out the bottom end of our driveway, back onto the road, and then slammed into a bridge just past our house. It flipped and ended up in the river. LOL..
It was unbelievable.
**** Dylan,
I actually had to hide behind the sofa before I read the end of that tale. Thanks for sharing that. No wonder you're so shy and timid as an adult. I really feel I understand you now.

Quick Reply: Weird Road Accidents