Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Lowering a 06 katana

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering a 06 katana

My buddy has a 2006 suz katana and is thinking about lowering it just wondering if any one can shed some light on how to do this can we pull the forks through the triple tree for the front or do we need a lowering link for the front and rear any input is appreiciated thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Default RE: Lowering a 06 katana

My buddy has a 06 Can of Tuna as well. I forget how the forks look on that bike and his is put away for winter so I can't look at it for you. The rear is going to take a dog bone/lowering link. I'm not sure if you can slide the forks up on that bike or not? I would just tell him to get a better bike like I tell my buddy LOL!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 AM

LOL..I was going to say that too.....why lower a Tuna? Lower it into the scrap heap. LMAO!!

I'm just kidding man.......(well, kind of). The rear will need a new dogbone/lowering link and the front from the Kano's I've seen (older than that) will slide the forks up a little but that's not the "right" way to do it anyway......having the forks shortened is the correct way to do it.
Just watch for clearance issues on the front.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM

I probably will regret saying this but I have had a ZX-11, FZ-1 and now ridea F4i. I miss my Katana more than any of my bikes, But I wouldn't trade my F4i for one.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: sharker98

I probably will regret saying this but I have had a ZX-11, FZ-1 and now ridea F4i. I miss my Katana more than any of my bikes, But I wouldn't trade my F4i for one.
I'm not sure how you can say that LOL! The Tuna is comfortable and that's about it. My buddys 06 does not even balance good at speeds below 15mph like my F4 does. Over all the Tuna is a very ****ty bike and is not a sport bike IMO.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Your right it's not a sport bike its a sport cruiser and probably one of the best bikes for a brand new rider to learn on, which is the case for my buddy. I dont understand why everyone hates on anything thats not a honda at the end of the day we all have the same passion and that is to be on two wheels no matter what kind or who makes it. If your able to throw your leg over a "sportbike" for your first riding experiance then congrats some people dont need to go 155 mph to have fun on two wheels. We all had to start somewhere

Old 12-14-2007, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Ripper44

Your right it's not a sport bike its a sport cruiser and probably one of the best bikes for a brand new rider to learn on, which is the case for my buddy. I dont understand why everyone hates on anything thats not a honda at the end of the day we all have the same passion and that is to be on two wheels no matter what kind or who makes it. If your able to throw your leg over a "sportbike" for your first riding experiance then congrats some people dont need to go 155 mph to have fun on two wheels. We all had to start somewhere
I would dog a Tuna if it was made by Honda. I like some GSXR's and other bikes like the 636 and the R6 just to name a few-hell I even love the looksof the 08 Ninja 250R. I just feel the Tuna is to heavy-to long, to skinny of tires and looks ugly.

Your right it's all about riding, but I still have to like the bike to want to ride it. To me the Tuna is not a great starter bike due to the weight, size and lack of low speed balance. If your buddy enjoys his bike then good for him and I hope he learns on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:59 AM

I wasnt ******* on ANYONE that starts on one.....i would much rather see a noob on a Tuna than a GSX-R. But....everyone has a bike they like to poke fun at........that one happens to be one for me. Harley's are up there too. I dont dislike peole that ride them but I do like to poke fun at them on occasion.
The Katana is funny. I was riding with a Bosnian friend one day and a friend of his bought a new Katana to "Learn to wheelie" he said. LMAO!!! My friend looks at him and with the most serious tone ever says "F*ck Man.........not even Rossi can wheelie Katana"!! (in my best Bosnian accent) I about pissed myself so since then it's been a running joke with the tuna. Not a horrible bike and probably a great starter.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM

thanks guys didnt mean to go off like that i agree there are some bikes that are made to made fun of (harley) i guess thats why we have so many choices out there to each their own. He really seems to like his kat and lookin to do some mods that was the reason for this thread in the first place cuz there are so many people on here with a vast knowledge of bikes i knew someone would be able to shed some light on it for me

Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM

It's cool man at least he did'nt get an HD LOL! Like i said before-if he likes his Tuna with mods then so be it. I like my Tuna with mayo LOL!