Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Love the Magna

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the Magna

Am I gonna get tarred and feathered for liking cruisers also? I was 1 day from owning a mint '97 Magna 750. It was my cousin's, and he told me that if I could come up with $2,500, the bike was mine. He traded the damned thing in the day before my payday. I was looking forward to having two nice Honda's, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.... What do you guys think of cruisers?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Default RE: Love the Magna

I'd ride one but they are just too heavy for a small guy like me. [:@]

My dad has a nice Honda Shadow 1100 and I still havent ridin it. Guess I need to grow some ***** and jump on it.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 AM

I like both sportbikes and cruisers and want one of each down the road. My current favorite cruiser is the Victory Hammer but the pricetag is a bit scary. The Suzuki M109 is pretty nice too --- freakin' huge! And yes, I even dig Harleys, which is probably CBRForum blasphemy!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Nope I would love one of those exact bikes! I was actually looking around for one of those before I bought me cbr. Also as far as the harley bashing goes I like those as well along with pretty much every bike... will probably one day owna cbr along with a metric cruiser, harley (really like the 1400 dynas as well as the new v-rods) and an on/off road bike I LIKE THEM ALL!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 PM

I have respect for harleys but they're just not for me. Don't get it. Also, the fact that I could never bring myself to pay that much for a bike probably has something to do with it.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Name:  mag.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  40.4 KB

The one I was going toget looked exactly like this one. The only thing I would consider changingabout that bike is the wheels. Other than that.....Perfect! I've been looking for deals, but I doubt I'd be able to find one for $2500 again. Fu#ker!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice to appreciate a lot of different bikes.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:27 PM

I startd out on a cruiser, 2004 Honda Shadow Aero with shaft drive and 35 bhp. I knew about a week after I got it I needed more. I drove it all through the Ozarks following my dad's 2002 Ducati ST4S and drove across Oklahoma a few times with it. I pretty much ran it ragged. But as soon as I got set up here in Arizona I traded it for my current bike. The only way I would ever get another cruiser is if it would somehow get my family involved in my motorcycling passion.My wifenever did get on the back of my Aero, but perhaps if I got a cruiser some day with the backrest and all the creature comforts for 2-up riding, I might get her involved. It would not be a performance cruiser like the magna though. Basically a family wagon bike. It would never be my main machine, either.

Just about the only cruiser I am impressed with is the V-Rod. Specifically the 2005-2006 Street Rod variant. A friend of mine had a Magna for a long time and I never envied him once. Well, he wrecked that bike and went out and got himself one of the last Street Rods out there. It is a V-Rod with middle-arranged foot controls and a slightly forward canted upper body riding position, with a steeper rake than anyt other harley. He let me ride it around and I was INCREDIBLY impressed with how it handled, cornered, and bolted off the line. That thing is a sport bike in cruiser disguise.

Other than that, though, I just can't be impressed with cruisers.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Hey X, Love the RR. That burnt orange is the ****!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

I have respect for harleys but they're just not for me. Don't get it. Also, the fact that I could never bring myself to pay that much for a bike probably has something to do with it.

What!!!! You dont want to refinance your home and take out a second morgage to own a Harley. You crazy!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Love the Magna