Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Is it just me or do harly riders not..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride with all Harley and cruiser guys and I'm the only sport bike and we wave at everyone on two wheels. We all have the the same passion, riding motorcycles but I dont mind if someone doesn't wave cause sometimes they wont even see u. I have not waved at people before just because I was focusing on other things. If you ever run into some other riders along the road, just socialize with them and see their opinion on sportbikes. You would be surprised.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:07 PM

I myself am in the army so we always have a mixed group of riders.... rockets, harleys, rice cruisers, and even scooters(but not many). i've ridden on all kinda bikes and been in lots of diff clubs being from M.B. the harley guys that seem like ********, from what i've seen, have been associated with a rocket rider that was seen flyin down the freeway on 1 wheel, racing on a crowded street, or something similar. every group has idiots and when you get associated with "THAT GUY" just cause you're on two wheels can really **** you off. but, the last bike week i was at was right before i joined up and some of the hells angels were eating where i was working and when they found out i was joining the army they asked me to ride the blvd with them. when i said i was on a rocket they said "who gives a ****? lets go."

Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hemimotorz
Wave back? wth? I mean I'ma just start flicking them off. Its not like they can catch me.
You'd better be careful about who you flick off. Just let it roll off that you didn't get a hand dropped back to you...or you might end up in a tight spot. I routinely have seen motorcycle "club" members in my area, that don't take kindly to that flicking off jazz & *won't* let it go. You think you're bike can't be caught by a cruiser?...think again. No, I'm not talking about the middle-aged identity crisis guy that runs out & buys a cruiser to capture his youth or some such. I'm talking about hardcore bikers that live their creed. Point is, you'd better absolulety know who you're flicking off or not do it! Best policy is to simply not do it. Just live & let live.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will throw a wave at any rider.. between my buddy on his cruiser and my on mine we usually get something back from just about any group.. I even sometimes wave to scooter people.... you will get some attitude from Harley riders just like you will get attitude from sportbike riders... its all good...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 AM

It's not simply the type of bike that causes someone not to wave, it's the person. Some Harley, BMW, Hyabusa etc riders never wave, some do, it comes down to the person, not so much the bike.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
It's not simply the type of bike that causes someone not to wave, it's the person. Some Harley, BMW, Hyabusa etc riders never wave, some do, it comes down to the person, not so much the bike.
This

Originally Posted by regener8ed
i bet if you went on a harley forum there'd be similar threads about rude sportbikers.
And this.

I wave to everyone except for the most squidly of sport bikers in their t-shirts and sunglasses with their helmets strapped to their seat. I'll never understand why you even carry a helmet with you and decide not to use it... oy.

Anyway, I'd say I get as many waves from HD's/cruisers as I do from sport bikers. Probably 75% all around. I wouldn't read into the stereotypes too much and realize that there are idiots and snobs on all types of bikes and that it's more about the person than the bike.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 PM

I find that the Ducatisti are far more snobbish than the Hardly guys, and unlike the Hardly guys the Ducatisti can actually ride with one hand off the bars

Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find younger riders to be the toughest to get waves from. Anyone who looks like a teenager/high school student or university student around here just give me a weird look when I wave.

I gotta get a camera mount on my camera and get some footage of riding in Korea. Not everyone waves, most of them give a bow while still holding onto the bars. It's the best because you can bow mid-lean and there's no problems.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or do harly riders not..