Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

IAM Observers course

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking IAM Observers course

hi i have been riding with south cheshire iam group for 3 yrs when i did my advanced course and passed me test , i did not find it easy to re-programm my self at first failed my first test .but passed with hard work in the end,it was the best thing i ever did its made me safer quicker and more enjojable. i now tend to only ride out with advanced riders now but like re-cruting new members to the club and watching them learn like i did then seeing them benefit from the course , i had been biking for years what could they teach me? was my first reaction but boy was i wrong!! now i want to learn to teach people to be safer , looking forward to doing it hope i can do it?? insititute of advanced motorcylists gives you big discounts on insurance etc etc look up your local group and have a go!!

Old 01-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am due to take my IAM test soon - as soon as the weather improves!

I agree that the IAM training has been well worth it - I have improved far more than I expected to. I also find I enjoy my riding a lot more, which is the biggest benefit to me.

I will say that in my group there is a large group of old farts that seem to want to remove the enjoyment from biking, but the benefit I have gained has been far greater than the negativity that comes from these people.

As for Observer training, that's not for me. Hats off to those that do it, it takes a lot of dedication - but I just don't have the free time for it. Also a lot of the negative people in my group seem to be Observers, I don't particularly want to associate with people like that (although my Observer is a really good guy).