Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

youre first fall

Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default youre first fall

unless you ride like my grandma, youve been down, my question is, how did that $hit happen? and im not talkin about tipping it over because you forgot to put the kickstand down, im talkin where you fu<ked something up, broken fairings, being sore for a week, things of that sort.

heres mine: riding about 10 deep. we were out over a lake in raleigh, nc. i had about 2 months of ride time, thought i was progressing well (yea right). we went to a notorious twistie road out here called Beaver Dam Road, we went down, some people stunted for a minute and we went back. i was probably second or third in the pack, which was a huge mistake. i kept up the first run, but doing the road in reverse its totally different, i had been down it before late at night with a friend, but never during the day. anyhow, we come up on what seems to be a slight right bend, but as you get closer you see on the crest of the hill a straightaway, killer...not. in reality its a sharp S curve, kinda downhill that breaks left then right. basically i remember, hey this is left, uh oh, ouch. i think i lowsided after running off the road, and i got tossed hit my head reaaly hard, shoulder got saved by a jacket, and like a moron i didnt have my gloves on. the guys behind me picked it outta the ditch and we left before cops got there to avoid tickets. rode 25 miles home with a concussion from hell and no skin on my palms. been about 6 months to the day the doctor said i should rehab my shoulder and if it doesnt feel better come back for an MRI. people behind me said they saw smoke come from my back tire and that i had locked it up, but i ride with my foot cocked off to the side and stay the hell off the rear brake at high speeds, so maybe i broke traction, but mostly inexperience+overconfidence+not knowing the road.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: youre first fall

I don't know if I should be proud or embarassed about this but I ride like your grandma. lol

Mike

Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM

I went down in a slow corner doing about 25mph, hit some gravel and the rear tire slid out. When i fell off i grab the throttle to save myself and the bike kicked me off and shot into the only pole withing 50ft of me. Needless to say the bike was damaged alot.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM

i have not had any incidents yet *knocks on wood* but i dont ride like a grandma either. i dont get squidly but i am a very aggressive rider. just like you have to drive here to stay alive. just be aware of your surroundings, assume the worst, and prepare for it before it happens, saved my *** more than once already.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM
VP

This is a post I made about a month ago of my first fall... instead of reliving the moment I'll just copy and paste.

So I'm out riding my favorite road today... same twisties, perfect weather... when all of a sudden I approach two riders on the side of the road. Curious, I stop to check in, they want me to ride with them after a few minutes of talking (gixxer 1000 and a gixxer 750). the 1k is experienced and the 750 is not. I end up in the back of the bunch. after about 3 turns the guy in the front speeds up to go through a quick right-left 2 phase turn... well the guy in the middle doesn't do so well and ends up kicking up gravel from the shoulder, but he never goes down. I, unfortunately, hit the gravel in the middle of the lefty so of course... i goes down. hard.

basically I'm lucky enough to say that the bike is pretty much okay. The windshield came out, and both left side blinkers were broken off but otherwise just some scratches. I was wearing my helmet and my joe rocket jacket so my person wasn't injured except for my right hand is pretty scraped up. I have pretty huge hands so I don't have any gloves which is why I wasn't wearing them, but now I'm definitely going to invest.

The bike tumbled about 10 feet off the road and ended up in some woods, but I started it up and road home. I didn't think to get any pics whilst fallen but I have a picture of the bike after the accident when its on the road. I'll post it up soon.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 PM

there is a whole thread on the F4i board with some interesting stories....plus mine

Crash Stories

Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 AM

First day I had the bike, I went into a cul-de-sac and lowsided. The bike landed about 3 feet away from my friend's mom. She just stared as I rode away in pain. I hit the front brake too hard and the thing slid out from under me. I learned a nice lesson about hiding from mom til things healed.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:03 AM

Thus far Im all about grandma...

Old 10-10-2006, 03:30 AM

I rode a friends Honda around a football field, never been on a bike before, guess he should have explained about the brakes and how to use em before I took off. not that it mattered, I speed off, bunny hopping the poor bike, got to go around a couple of time before losing the plot and and somehow ended up speeding toward the fence, but as luck would have it, there was a really large ditch that the bike and I feel into. Nothing hurt except a mirror. A week later I got my own, And I've been on bikes ever since