Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

YOU THINK IT NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOU THINK IT NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU!

My mother ****ing bike got stolen last night at god knows what hour! I came home at 8 last night from dinner and when I woke up this morning at 8:50 to walk the dog it was gone!

I always park in the same spot with the bike cover, the disc lock, and the steering lock.

Thank God I had full coverage on it... I've already called Progessive and their on the way tomorrow to look into replacement cost. I'm getting my receipts together for purchases made towards parts on the bike, and I've already filed the police report (cops were cool about the whole thing).

I hate thieves for everything their worth. I can't believe I worked so hard on something, and it's gone like this.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO PISSED

Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Default RE: YOU THINK IT NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU!

Aw man, that sucks bad. If you're interested in all with getting your bike back, make sure to go cruise the local "bike hangouts". You wouldn't believe the idiocy of people... you might just see it pop back up, you never know. Good luck man and I'm sorry to hear that!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 AM
VP

Here is the most recent picture I took of it

Name:  DSC01030-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  59.8 KB

If you see any of these unusually hard to find parts for a 954RR for sale anywhere on eBay or on other forums out of the state of Georgia then please LET ME KNOW ASAP

D&D exhaust
Sargent Seat *Rare
Carbon Fiber Frame sliders
Red chrome Sporttech windshield
Harris Gubelini steering dampener **Extremely rare
Hondaline seat cowl *very hard to come by

Old 01-06-2008, 08:51 AM

Sorry to hear that. Glad you have insurance. Progressive, in my experience, has been really easy to deal with. Keep your head up.

Oh yeah... **** THIEVES! [:@]

Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i read this ALL to often on here!!! VP, sorry to hear the news. that is horrible. i love my bike.......but idk if i'd want it back after someone stole it. i'd feel it was tainted, and would wonder wth they did to it while in their possesion.

i hope the insurance co. is 110% helpful and i hope they catch that worthless ******* who stole it.

keep your head up, brother!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 AM
VP

I'm kind of pissed a the guy who lives downstairs because he's the one who parked in the spot I have parked the bike in every day for the last year... and he won't open his door for me or for when the cops were banging on it ... he's the key to when it was stolen because it has to be after I got in and before he got home

Not that it makes a different anyway cuz I'm sure it's already in 1000 pieces by now but I'm just pissed that he didn't think to say "hey isn't there a bike that's here every single day"

Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man... that REALLY suck!!! [:@] I'm sorry to hear the news. Theives really do need to rot in hell [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Good thing you had full coverage though, and I'll agree with Progressive being easy to work with. When I got rear ended by the old guy in the Benz back in March, he had Progressive. They called me first thing the next morning after the accident, I didn't even have to call them, and they were extremely friendly and more than helpful in getting it repaired as quickly as possible. They offered to come and pick the bike up at my best convienience to take it to the dealer, offered a rental car, ect. And a week or two after it was fixed they called me back to make sure I was happy with everything. Top notch service in my book! Now GMAC insurance on the other hand, from when I went down on the highway back in '05... they can rot in hell along with the bike theives!! I got in so many arguments with that stupid bitch, and it took 3 months to finally get my settlement. And still they only gave me 50% [:@]

What you planning on getting next if you're 954 isn't found?? Good luck with the whole ordeal. You gonna have a garage or something at the new place to keep a bike in?? You got my number... call me if there's anything I can do to help

Old 01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
VP

yeah I heard they were the easiest to deal with so I'm not too worried about going through them... plus the cops were pretty cool about the whole thing too... one of them rides a harley (or used to) and he was telling me some pretty funny stuff he used to do

overall I don't think there is another bike I can get that compares to what I had so It's gonna take me a while to find the right replacement... it feels like bringing a date to your wife's funeral just talking about it lol

no garage at the new places I've looked at but if I find some place that has one or a walk in level I'm definitely gonna keep it inside... I appreciate the offer for help too

thanks to everybody who is empathetic to my woos

Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[&o]
Sorry to hear that vp, f*#!ing sux..
Good luck on finding a replacement, I know the search is gonna be hard.
Let us know how everything turns out.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

You probably got the bike exactly how you wanted it and now the process starts again. Sorry to hear about your luck (?). Hope you make out OK with the insurance.