CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Are you a good person? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/you-good-person-60978/)

Juliet 02-29-2008 09:47 AM

RE: Are you a good person?

ORIGINAL: woo545

I see your point and I agree with you. The trust is most certainly broken and it's hard to near impossible to regain. I think I worded my statement incorrectly. I didn't mean that I would definitely, I meant to say that I could see where circumstances might exist that I might consider giving a second chance. I'm not saying that it would have been easy and I'm not saying that I would be able to make it work.

Maybe I'm just pathetic.

No..you're not...you just sound forgiving...but there are no circumstances where you should ever take a cheating woman back...she simply can't love you or love you enough...the time is best spent finding the right one..you have to cut negativity right out of your life

woo545 02-29-2008 10:57 AM

[ul][*]My life is in danger or I'm being tortured and she is being blackmailed to save it.[*]Bad reaction to medication.[*]Thought I was dead because the plane crashed on some mysterious tropical island between Sidney and LA.[*]Amnesia[*]Chemical imbalance due to some disease that came up later in life.[/ul]
I grew up with a father where his parkinson's medications caused him to have TIA's (mini strokes) which caused him not to fully be there. Not to remember things, see things differently. It's not a reason to give up on someone.

Those examples are extreme, I know. But not impossible.

"If they cheat once, get help, if they cheat twice get out."

Many relationships start falling apart because communication has broken down for one reason or another. The grass starts looking greener on the other side. People change blah blah. They forget what the relationship used to be like. Most people really don't know how to make a relationship work...especially if they haven't been in many (over 50% divorce rate is a good sign of this). They see things as over and yes, they could end that relationship right then and there. Yes, they should have the willpower to resist temptation. That is certainly a test of ones integrity.

Many don't realize what they are throwing away until they make that fateful mistake. It's then when they realize it and make amends. It opens a floodgate of held back emotions and true communication starts occuring again. They come back to the relationship with total honesty as a result the relationship could actually be stronger than it was before. Just because they made a mistake.

If it happens a second time....well....fool me once...

But it's just my opinion and my feelings about it. Just so you know, I've been cheated on by my first gf. She tried coming back later, tried giving me her phone number. I told her that I didn't think it would be a good idea.

Kikepiz 02-29-2008 11:20 AM

I hate cheaters![:@]

jackalo626 02-29-2008 01:40 PM

My ex and I watched this and was laughing so hard at it. The lady is such a heartless beatch we couldn't believe her balls to say the things she said and show no emotion. Her husband was a pathetic loser especially when he didn't get upset and was all calm about it I was like dude she said she would leave you for her ex she thinks she should be with her ex and she had been sleeping around on him. The end when he gave her a hug we literally yelled nooooo don't do it clown that bish and walk away. She was a total sociopath and only shed tears cause she was caught.

Juliet 03-01-2008 02:49 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545 [ul][*]My life is in danger or I'm being tortured and she is being blackmailed to save it.[*]Bad reaction to medication.[*]Thought I was dead because the plane crashed on some mysterious tropical island between Sidney and LA.[*]Amnesia[*]Chemical imbalance due to some disease that came up later in life.[/ul]
I grew up with a father where his parkinson's medications caused him to have TIA's (mini strokes) which caused him not to fully be there. Not to remember things, see things differently. It's not a reason to give up on someone.

Those examples are extreme, I know. But not impossible.

"If they cheat once, get help, if they cheat twice get out."

Many relationships start falling apart because communication has broken down for one reason or another. The grass starts looking greener on the other side. People change blah blah. They forget what the relationship used to be like. Most people really don't know how to make a relationship work...especially if they haven't been in many (over 50% divorce rate is a good sign of this). They see things as over and yes, they could end that relationship right then and there. Yes, they should have the willpower to resist temptation. That is certainly a test of ones integrity.

Many don't realize what they are throwing away until they make that fateful mistake. It's then when they realize it and make amends. It opens a floodgate of held back emotions and true communication starts occuring again. They come back to the relationship with total honesty as a result the relationship could actually be stronger than it was before. Just because they made a mistake.

If it happens a second time....well....fool me once...

But it's just my opinion and my feelings about it. Just so you know, I've been cheated on by my first gf. She tried coming back later, tried giving me her phone number. I told her that I didn't think it would be a good idea.

Hey Woo...I hear you... [ul][*]Thought I was dead because the plane crashed on some mysterious tropical island between Sidney and LA.[*]Amnesia[/ul]Ok...I can buy this one lol...provided you gave a suitable period of grieving...

As you said they are extreme examples and how many cheaters actually cheat for those reasons?

They cheat because of a lack of love and lack of integrity, even if the relationship hits difficulties how about working through it using your energy to fix it rather than give all that emotional/physical energy to somone else...

If the relationship is over then finish before cheating...I'm sorry you were cheated on but I'm glad you never took her back.

But specifically we've all been referring to the lady above on the show...oh did I say lady?...what I really meant to say was the cheating, low life, scum bag...a total, utter PIG!

We all saw her, she's simply not nice...anyone and everyone should run from her and never stop running...EVER!!! lol

Jules

Blue Fox 03-01-2008 03:58 AM

Why would you ever do a show like that, if you know stuff like this might pop up? What a b***h though.......deserves to be divorced without anything being taken from the husband.

Juliet 03-01-2008 06:39 AM

I think she should be thrown in jail...lol

If ever there was a case based on the evidence in front of us for him to be granted an instant decree absolute and no handouts...

Do not pass go, do not collect £200, Go directly to jail...

fishfryer527 03-01-2008 08:45 AM

I think some of this problem is that it is too easy to get married but too hard and expensive to get divorced.

A person never knows what the other is thinking, if the dweeby husband knew the wife was a lying cheating slut he of course wouldn't have married her. Also, if he could have gotten out of it with financial ruin, I'm sure he would have.

I was with my wife 17 years and one day came home to a note, I never thought she cheated on me, but some say she did, but as shocked as I was to get a note and find my house half empty, in retrospect it was not a complete surprise. As it worked out she kinda flipped out, started drinking too much, then a DUI, then risk taking behavior, then lost at sea from a scuba accident, body never recovered.

I guess my point is, you never know what people are thinking, at maybe people would get married for the right reasons if they didn't see a payday at their divorce hearing (example: Paul McCartney/Heather Mills).

Juliet 03-01-2008 08:56 AM

I think people rush into marriage and don't really know who they're getting involved with, they think it's romantic to run off and marry someone after only a couple of months together...I think people should date for at least a year, nearer two before any engagement or marriage. Even then you can only base the risk of the person as they are now, they can change or turn loony...everything is a risk.

I just know I could never cheat on or hurt anyone like that and if I needed out of a relationship I certainly wouldn't be doing the "taking to the cleaners thing" that's truly awful...

woo545 03-01-2008 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

I think people rush into marriage and don't really know who they're getting involved with, they think it's romantic to run off and marry someone after only a couple of months together...I think people should date for at least a year, nearer two before any engagement or marriage. Even then you can only base the risk of the person as they are now, they can change or turn loony...everything is a risk.

I just know I could never cheat on or hurt anyone like that and if I needed out of a relationship I certainly wouldn't be doing the "taking to the cleaners thing" that's truly awful...

Definitely a lot has to do with people rushing into marriage. In my case, we actually dated for 5 yrs before tying the knot. It was one of those relationships that everyone thought was perfect. Then she told me the day I came home from bury my dad's ashes that she didn't love me anymore. The weirdest thing was that I was driving home...and I had this severe clenching and twisting of my stomach and the feeling that I didn't want to go home. In our case, I believe that a big problem was inexperience.

She never had a father in her life, instead it was her mom, grandmom and aunts. I think she lacked the experienced in seeing a couple work out problems (talk or yell or whatever). My side, I saw my mom yelling at my Dad all the time. My ex and I never fought. Things seemed to be going well. Turns out we never fought because we never communicated the important stuff...held those parts back. Things that one did that hurt the other (said the wrong thing), kind of festered. I never experienced "resolving" an issue until my current girlfriend.

I think what you said is that people do rush in is true. You lack the experience that it takes to handle the problems that come up, especially if you get married to young. If you only date one or two people, you are making the same mistakes with that same person over and over. With no other input to say, "Hey there is a better way of doing this." You don't learn. Those hidden feelings grow into resentment. To think, I used to think my boss was crazy for going to a marriage counselling before getting married.