Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is you bike small to you now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is you bike small to you now?

Not power wise, but actual size wise. I remember the day I rode up on my ninja 250 to the house that had (now mine) the '01 VFRfor sale. I didnt even know what it was. It looked HUGE!!!! It was on the centerstand, so my feet didnt touch the ground when I sat on it. He said take it for a spin and of course the first thing that goes thru my head is "dont drop it". I didnt, but I couldnt even get it off the centerstand. LOL He helped and I fired her up and.............killed it the first time. Finally got her going and went a couple miles and I was scared. A BIG difference 800 to 250 is. I felt so small on it (ya ya I know Im only 135lbs and 5'6") and the tach cluster looked big and it moved big.

Now that I've had it for almost a year it feels just right, if not kinda small. I'm saying I need a bigger bike. Hell this thing weighs a ton, not as much as the fatty 6th gens, but shes got junk in the trunk. Also 800cc is plenty for anyone. I guess I'm finally comfortable with the bike..........I am one with the bike.

So how was your reaction to your bike then and now?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is you bike small to you now?

Well when I got my F4i 3 years ago it was my very first bike.... other than riding my neighbors old old dual sport Honda in his lawn for about 10 minutes, I'd NEVER ridden a motorcycle in my life before. So it was all new to me. Physically I fit on it fine... I'm about 6 ft 155 lbs, so I had no problems there. The first night I had it I took it to a huge empty parking lot at a theater right next to my house and practiced. Felt kinda weird at first, getting used to doing everything at once, but I caught on real quick and never really had any problems with it. But I was just in a parking lot going about 30 mph max. The next day I took it out on the street for the first time and gave it a little gas, and HOLY S**T!!! "This thing is f00king fast indeed!" I thought to myself (and I wasn't even going that fast, just acceleration). I was in love!!

Now 3 years and 107k miles later, with a PCIII USB, exhaust, BMC race filter, and rear end geared +3, it actually feels a lil slower than when I first got it. As much as I still love my bike, every once in awile I get a liter bike craving. I'm still gonna buy my RC-51 in the near future just cuz it's a super pimp bike, but that's beside the point, hahaha. But I'm not sure if it's the bike just getting a lil tired, or just me getting used to it.... or maybe it's cuz I'm using a generic downloaded PCIII map, and really need to get it dyno tuned for best results

Oops I just realized I didn't really answer the orignal question, lol. Physical size it still feels about the same, I guess since it's been my only bike and I have nothing else to compare it to prior. But today a buddy of mine came over to use my stand and adjust/lube his chain. He used to have a '98 CBR 600 F3, but the motor blew up back in March. He has no car so his bike is his only transportation. So he bought a '98 Suzuki Bandit 600 naked streetfighter to get him by for now, but he still misses the F3 ALOT! He had plans to get a ZX-10 in the future. But anyways, after we got done working on his bike we head over to Dennys for some food. This is one of my roadtrip buddies and we've logged ALOT of miles together, so I trust him and know he's a very good rider. So I asked him if he'd like to ride mine, and he said hell yea! So he rode my F4i and I rode his Bandit streetfighter.... WOW what a huge difference! And holy crap was it heavy, lol. Just getting it off the kickstand was a chore in itself.... sooooo heavy, lol. Completely different from mine though... it really did feel small even though by weight it's a friggin tank [:-] He didn't want to give me my keys back, but said it felt sooo good to ride an actual sportbike again. I was happy to get back on mine again... that Bandit just feels weird!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:29 AM

the first time I sat on my bike, I thought "Damn this tanks huge" but I rode my buddies dirtbikes the other day and it felt like sitting on a bicycle.....havent rode a dirtbike since I got my bike...and man what a difference

5'6" and 135....and I thought I was small but my 5'9" 165 makes me feel big

Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

I'm still gonna buy my RC-51 in the near future just cuz it's a super pimp bike
You come across to me as a natural born RC-51er, right down to the birthmark that reads 'RVT' whenever you flex your forearm...you know its there. lol That bike is quick, unique, and damn sexy, I hope you get it soon.

And no, the mammoth tank I sit behind will never, I repeat, never seem any smaller, ever...

Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 AM

I'm 6'3". Every bike I've sat on has been too small for me (size wise). Although I've only sat on Jap bikes before. Just like the back seat of my old Mitsubishi 3000GT, designed for nobody over 5'7". Are Ducs or Aprillas or anything better for tall guys?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Rubicon on 38s

I'm 6'3". Every bike I've sat on has been too small for me (size wise). Although I've only sat on Jap bikes before. Just like the back seat of my old Mitsubishi 3000GT, designed for nobody over 5'7". Are Ducs or Aprillas or anything better for tall guys?

Custom chopper.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 AM

I think every bike I sit on is too small at the very beginning. However, I am 6'1" and 240 lbs.

Name:  100_1092ms.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  75.8 KB

Old 10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I'm still gonna buy my RC-51 in the near future just cuz it's a super pimp bike
You come across to me as a natural born RC-51er, right down to the birthmark that reads 'RVT' whenever you flex your forearm...you know its there. lol That bike is quick, unique, and damn sexy, I hope you get it soon.

And no, the mammoth tank I sit behind will never, I repeat, never seem any smaller, ever...
Yea RC is a kick *** bike, with an orgasmic exhaust note (especially with a nice set of Sato highmounts!). I used to ride my buddies '04 Nicky Hayden edition quite a bit until it got stolen last year I loved riding that bike though... definitely NOT comfortable by any means, but damn that's s torquey son of a bitch!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA. I actually thought about this today. When I first bought my bike, it felt huge. Now it feels rather small to me now (and light).

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm still gonna buy my RC-51 in the near future just cuz it's a super pimp bike, but that's beside the point, hahaha.

ThirdGen's next signature
[sm=pimp.gif][sm=bling.gif]

Quick Reply: Is you bike small to you now?