Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yay! I lowsided! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raylee
Damn, dude. The good news is you have an excuse to get some woodcraft goodies as replacement for that crankcase cover.

Glad your body's good... live to ride another day.
BTW, your pitbull stands shipped yesterday (took a bit longer than expected), you should see 'em Monday or Tuesdayish so you can break 'em in while massaging your baby back to health.
Actually, you'll be seeing it up at the dealership on Monday. Filed a claim with my insurance and I'll let the service dept handle the fun. Even though she rode straight and true back home, she did hop a curb. Wanna have her checked by pros

Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoulda let me ride it home afterall.

Glad you're alright though. Nice to see how the Dainese and Shift kevlar jeans hold up - as I wear both myself.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Shoulda let me ride it home afterall.

Glad you're alright though. Nice to see how the Dainese and Shift kevlar jeans hold up - as I wear both myself.
The titanium shoulder is ground flat, so i slid for a good bit on my shoulder. Funny thing, the guy at Revzilla had me seriously thinking of buying this yesterday

Just wish I had picked up those limb tubes for my legs. But they only had large and those would have shifted during the slide

Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Sorry for the nastiness there Kuro ... but glad you are ok. Bikes easily fixed or replaced. Good moderators are hard to find

I got a set of grabits from Lowe's years ago and it's the best f'd up bolt extractors I've ever used. Way better than EZ outs (misnomer if ever there was one). Has a left hand drill on one side which gets 90% of the bolts out by itself. If it ain't out then you flip it over and the extractor will grip the hole and remove the bolt.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Damn that sucks. Glad you were wearing your gear.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Glad your okay. Could have been much worse. I have the same Shift jeans. Looks like in the scheme of things, your gear did it's job. Bolt extractor should get the ground down bolts out. Heal fast!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM

Wow, that really sucks. First you get sick then this, hope the shop gets her back to you good as new.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man im glad to hear your okay. The bike looks fine still. If i lowsided and only saw that damage id be jumping with joy.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Man im glad to hear your okay. The bike looks fine still. If i lowsided and only saw that damage id be jumping with joy.
Guy on another forum said I was really relaxed considering what happened. My gear and Yolie's gear is why.

My gear saved about 99.997% of my skin and prolly my shoulder and elbow (my elbow took a tiny hit too). Yolie's gear saved her from serious damage. Frame sliders are to protect the FRAME. But you can see that right slider saved the whole right side of the bike.

Damn straight I'm overjoyed. The only disappointments are in my own negligence in acquiring gear to protect the damaged areas (limb tubes for my leg, case sliders and exhaust slider for Yolie). Now those limb tubes are in, they will be here by the end of the week. And while the shop has Yolie, they'll be installing her missing gear as well.

Originally Posted by mx-4-2
Glad your okay. Could have been much worse. I have the same Shift jeans. Looks like in the scheme of things, your gear did it's job. Bolt extractor should get the ground down bolts out. Heal fast!!!
Yeah damn shame Shift jeans aren't availible anymore. Lucky for me I have 4 more pair

Last edited by Kuroshio; 04-07-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:29 PM

That's too bad, but glad you're okay and that the bike is insured. One thing I learned early on was how slick road paint can be. There's a turnabout just outside the apartment I was in when I first got my bike. Almost lost it a few different times hitting the paint at the apex of my turn. I'm super cautious when turning over cross walks.

Quick Reply: Yay! I lowsided! :-)