Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Xmas to give or receive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:34 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Xmas to give or receive?

It's Christmas time, i would think most of us would like to receive more than give? But fact is I realized giving is so much more rewarding....it's not really how much it cost? Today, I've purchase one of this Hex Bug Nano ...like $6 for my daughters...OMG...their eyes glows with joy. It's the best feeling a father can feel.... It'd like us guys getting a new set of tires...LOL...

Share some gift moments...giving and receiving

Old 12-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Alberta you can go and cut your own Christmas tree with a permit. The permit allows you to cut three trees and costs $5. Last year I cut three trees and gave two away...the recipients were down on their luck. I bought stands for the trees as well. This simple act made them rekindle their Christmas spirit and put them in the mood to make the best of it with their kids. I felt so good about it I did it again this year.
Christmas is for giving.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 to Thrasher - Christmas is for giving, and mainly to kids........

Old 12-23-2011, 01:02 PM

That's awesome thrasher. I have done something similar.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:08 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's great! It's the thought with purchase that counts. Giving is also knowing how much to give? Is it within one's capability...some people give with a sense of $$$ believing that's all it counts....but if one have already have 1000 spoons, they only need a fork.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
In Alberta you can go and cut your own Christmas tree with a permit. The permit allows you to cut three trees and costs $5. Last year I cut three trees and gave two away...the recipients were down on their luck. I bought stands for the trees as well. This simple act made them rekindle their Christmas spirit and put them in the mood to make the best of it with their kids. I felt so good about it I did it again this year.
Christmas is for giving.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:53 PM

My family is all screwed up this year, everyone is fighting and its just a mess. So I put up my own tree at my house and bought my own presents just for me, wrapped them and everything. LOL. So far I got new fairings, shorty levers, new brake and clutch pedals, new headlights, taillights. Oh and got the GF since she is only one really close to me some new ugg boots and ugg slippers. She likes uggs alot for some reason. I think she is buying me the Speed and strength-Fame and Fortune White helmet ( http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7483 ) since my bike is going to be white now

Normally I love to give everyone gifts. I normally buy gifts for everyone I can, Its nice to see people happy
I hope everyone else is having a good Christmas this year

Last edited by jveach; 12-23-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I like giving...

Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

Indeed giving and making other folks happy is way more rewarding imo

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was a child, Christmas was a great time, presents, food & holidays somewhere that usually involved a beach. Tent, cabin, caravan or with some long suffering relative (usually my Grandmother), & then find that most of the neighbours & their kids where staying just up the road. Exchanging (& I say exchanging) of gifts was (& is), very important. I like buying gifts for my family & friends, its an affirmation & custom I suppose. The gifts are not that expensive, not expected to be, just the thought. But its the time of year when we make a bit more of an effort to get in touch & behave like civilised human beings.
It's gone to scrap heap years ago, but I used to have a Chrissie T-shirt that read "IT IS BETTER TO GIVE a crappy gift THAN TO RECEIVE one"

Quick Reply: Xmas to give or receive?