CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Xmas to give or receive? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/xmas-give-receive-133121/)

estate4life 12-23-2011 01:34 AM

Xmas to give or receive?

It's Christmas time, i would think most of us would like to receive more than give? But fact is I realized giving is so much more rewarding....it's not really how much it cost? Today, I've purchase one of this Hex Bug Nano ...like $6 for my daughters...OMG...their eyes glows with joy. It's the best feeling a father can feel.... It'd like us guys getting a new set of tires...LOL...

Share some gift moments...giving and receiving

thrasher572 12-23-2011 02:02 AM

In Alberta you can go and cut your own Christmas tree with a permit. The permit allows you to cut three trees and costs $5. Last year I cut three trees and gave two away...the recipients were down on their luck. I bought stands for the trees as well. This simple act made them rekindle their Christmas spirit and put them in the mood to make the best of it with their kids. I felt so good about it I did it again this year.
Christmas is for giving.

Shadow 12-23-2011 02:21 AM

+1 to Thrasher - Christmas is for giving, and mainly to kids........

CBRclassic 12-23-2011 02:42 AM

In my entire life , I have always hated receiving pressies or gifts from anyone for any thing , Christmas included !!

I gain everything in the way of reward that I need in my life by giving to others ....

Some people in this world have jobs even that cause grief to others !! , me on the other hand have been fortunate to be in a career that lends itself to helping everyone that I get called out too , by fixing there problems if I can , and then getting the choice to even reduce my fees and charges if the client has financial issues causing them to be in a position where finding money is hard !!!

GIVING IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAPPINESS .........

remember to haveagoodone !!:icon_wink: where ever you are this Christmas break !!!

and ****ing take care !! ...lol
Steve ......

Monster F3 12-23-2011 01:02 PM

That's awesome thrasher. I have done something similar.

estate4life 12-23-2011 01:08 PM

That's great! It's the thought with purchase that counts. Giving is also knowing how much to give? Is it within one's capability...some people give with a sense of $$$ believing that's all it counts....but if one have already have 1000 spoons, they only need a fork.

Originally Posted by thrasher572 (Post 1120545)
In Alberta you can go and cut your own Christmas tree with a permit. The permit allows you to cut three trees and costs $5. Last year I cut three trees and gave two away...the recipients were down on their luck. I bought stands for the trees as well. This simple act made them rekindle their Christmas spirit and put them in the mood to make the best of it with their kids. I felt so good about it I did it again this year.
Christmas is for giving.

jveach 12-23-2011 01:53 PM

My family is all screwed up this year, everyone is fighting and its just a mess. So I put up my own tree at my house and bought my own presents just for me, wrapped them and everything. LOL. So far I got new fairings, shorty levers, new brake and clutch pedals, new headlights, taillights. Oh and got the GF since she is only one really close to me some new ugg boots and ugg slippers. She likes uggs alot for some reason. I think she is buying me the Speed and strength-Fame and Fortune White helmet ( http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7483 ) since my bike is going to be white now

Normally I love to give everyone gifts. I normally buy gifts for everyone I can, Its nice to see people happy
I hope everyone else is having a good Christmas this year

yumoncbr 12-23-2011 02:52 PM

I like giving...

Sprock 12-23-2011 04:36 PM

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

Indeed giving and making other folks happy is way more rewarding imo

pacemaker 12-23-2011 10:04 PM

When I was a child, Christmas was a great time, presents, food & holidays somewhere that usually involved a beach. Tent, cabin, caravan or with some long suffering relative (usually my Grandmother), & then find that most of the neighbours & their kids where staying just up the road. Exchanging (& I say exchanging) of gifts was (& is), very important. I like buying gifts for my family & friends, its an affirmation & custom I suppose. The gifts are not that expensive, not expected to be, just the thought. But its the time of year when we make a bit more of an effort to get in touch & behave like civilised human beings.
It's gone to scrap heap years ago, but I used to have a Chrissie T-shirt that read "IT IS BETTER TO GIVE a crappy gift THAN TO RECEIVE one"